Who else is Wembleyed out?

Well public transport is shocking. One little train an hour at best, that takes all day. And I seem to recall horror stories of Liverpool fans trying to get there for the 2006 final V West Ham by road.

But it’s not going to happen anyway, so bit of a pointless discussion really.
Liverpool fans seem to have horror stories for all games at all neutral venues though.

Maybe it’s not the transportation that was the major factor…

Not being able to afford to go is a lot different from being wembleyed out though isnt it..?
Dunno, Wembley costs are a significant reason for being Wembleyed out IMO. Overrated overpriced and a none too pleasant experience with overpriced being the main factor here.

Dunno, Wembley costs are a significant reason for being Wembleyed out IMO. Overrated overpriced and a none too pleasant experience with overpriced being the main factor here.
My response was to the folk who didn’t mention costs as the overriding factor, just having been there so often in the last 12 years ..
Each to their own I say, I would t miss one for the world unless I literally could not afford to go ..

There are certainly a lot of negatives about Wembley for a northern club, distance, cost, time, etc. Quite a lot of the said negatives are then exacerbated by our crumbling road system and shambolic public transport. Then throw in the kick off times, often so late as to make return travel on the day difficult if not impossible, and it is no wonder people give it up. I would never criticise people for not going, but I am not so keen on people wanting to portray non attendance as something to be publicised and lauded for. Either just go, or don’t, it does not need to be explained to, or excused by, others.

A few of us FOC’s discussed this whole issue of Wembley fatigue at length some years back, after a horrendous 9 hour coach journey home, and decided that going there and back in a day was out, we are just too old and knackered. Since then we have booked Premier Inns with parking on cancellable rates, many months in advance of every potential Wembley date. We have worked out the quieter places to stay, eat and drink in London, and generally it is a good and sociable trip. Winning obviously helps.

It isn’t perfect, or that cheap, but it has made it tolerable and much more affordable. Reality is that cash is king and the FA and TV will never change their policy of treating supporters with utter contempt.

I'm not Wemblyed out but unfortunately I won't be able to go. I've loved all my trips to Wembley usually made a weekend of it staying in the hotels near to Wembley.
Just the thought of climbing those stairs or going up the slope now scares the life out of me. C'est la vie.
As long as I can get to and from Row A in the CBL1 to see our boys play I'm happy. Doesn't stop me being nostalgic though. :-)

I wouldn't mind if the semis were 2 legged or 1 leg decided by draw order. but i'm quite happy with them being at Wembley. It gives those that struggle to get final tickets a chance at a visit to Wembley. Like me. Circumstances mean i can't amass the points needed for big finals but i can get to semi's. Also, i have zero desire to go to Villa Park or any other ground for a semi. I'll never be "wembleyed out", just never. but each to their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.