Who has been to the most City games on here?

Probably around 150.
First game 2-0 v Bristol City, Sept '77.
Around 12/15 home games every season, till 1990, then emigrated.
Went to the 0-1 v Luton, 5-1 v Charlton, 10-1, 5-1 v Rags, 0-4 v Gunners a couple of weeks later.
Watching on TV/ Online from Tasmania ; probably see about 10-15 games live per season. Stay up or get up for 1 AM / 2 AM KO's for big 6 / heavyweight games. . . plus also the Manc derby. Watch the rest recorded later in the week.

NEVER , EVER left before the final whistle . . . apart from one occasion at Maine Rd. , an officer of Manchesters finest helped me find my way to the exit two minutes after entering the ground , for "disorderly conduct" (vs Scouse, League Cup, Reeves headed goal disallowed .c '81?)

In a pub in Melbourne a few years back. Asked the barman "Can ya put the football on please , mate?"
"Yeah, sure mate, what game ya wanna see ?"
"City and West Ham" (. . .or whoever 'twere )
. . . .pause. Barman GLARES.
"OK, mate, let's straighten something out here ; this is VICTORIA. The word FOOTBALL here means
AUSSIE RULES. Have we got that straight now?"
Oops moment.
"OK, my sincere apologies ; I must pay more attention in my language lessons. Could I please watch the SOCCER ? "
"Sure, mate , no prob, I'll put it on for ya"

Another time, another pub , still in Melbourne. . .

Watching Us v Norwich , 2-6 @ Carrow Rd. (2013?) . Another Pom sat close to me said
"Tevez is a whore!"
"He might be a whore , but he's OUR whore! . . . "
A few seconds passed, Carlito slammed in a cracker
". . . and he's the best bloody WHORE on the STREET!"
We both had a good laugh
That Bristol City game was my first one too
2nd was Boxing Day Newcastle Colin’s comeback game

My dad started to take me now and then, from 1968 to 1975 probably 7 or 8 per season.Got my first season ticket in 1977 and went home and away for the next 40 years.I think I'm around 1700 to 1800. Still do at least 30 per season so if I live another 10 years, I should easy make 2000

Missed only a handfull of games in the last 15 years. 34 years beforehand every home game + around 100 or so away 'work'. 10 years before that probably 40+ games a year. Then 59 to 64 around 100+. Probably 2,350 in total.
PS can't get in my spare room for bloody programmes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.