Who has/had the best ever singing voice?

Just read the whole thread; so many on here that are bloody good. Apart from my first post, then Stevie Nicks, Joan Baez, Jonie Mitchell, Karen Carpenter, Linda Ronstadt.... and that's just the girls. And plenty more I've probably forgotten......Alison Moyet, Annie Lennox, Eartha Kitt, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Beyonce ......................(joking).
Think I've got a bias towards female vocalists!
Best "vocalists" I ever saw and heard (on TV) though were two blokes and two women at the proms (I know) quite some years ago, doing Beethoven's ninth, fourth movement. Unbelievable.

some crackers on this thread

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=299611&hilit=summertime+and+isn%27t+it+great" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=299611&hilit=summertime+and+isn%27t+it+great</a>

FromPollockToSilva said:
Nat King Cole, Sam Cooke, Rod Stewart, Dusty Springfield, Paul McCartney, James Brown, Patsy Cline, Louis Armstrong, Al Green, Lou Rawls, Frank Sinatra, Gruff Rhys, Tina Turner, Tom Waits, Scott Walker, Stevie Wonder, Bobby Womack.

Just reminded me - rick Astley !

Reading the names on this thread it just proves that what is a great voice to one is just screechy noise to another.

@nims my dad loved Caruso and had 100' s of Cd's of opera singers, I didn't really pay much attention but sometimes when he had them blasting out of his Bose used to sound fantastic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.