Who is a bluemoon forum original ?

Mancity.net was an early forum set up by Scall. He was a really nice guy but everyone on there seemed to offer each other out all the time. I seem to remember a regular called Stephen.

Scall was a regular on Talkin' City and I think he was one of the Faroe Islands group with @Bill who tried to get there on the trawler.
a good lad and a cracking trip.

love it or hate it bluemoon has brought together a huge community.
from what i can remember was a university project for young Mr Turner to this global family.its given me great friends ,real friends ,lifelong friends that are so important when things don't go well .

i also think we should spare a thought for bluemooners we've lost. they too contributed to where we are today.

what a forum and what a set of posters. *not one* of us a full shilling. love it.
*except Ric*
(trying to avoid the sack)
Great post Bill,
Sue (bluebird 1) & Nikki (blue_bird) brought a lot of us together with the legendary Christmas parties back then, hard to imagine the club would allow us the freedom of the suite for an Xmas bash nowadays.

Then we were at a European away game and staying in the same hotel and after a drink I was walking away to the lift to go to my room and heard someone say ‘Excuse me’ and it was Ric. He made my year when he said he had wanted to meet me and Bill had pointed me out. He said something to the effect that he admired me because I went to the games & traveled on my own. I was super embarrassed because it was Ric, the boss! The big man being kind to me.

@Two Gun Bob oh I am and will always appreciate it. :-)
If this happens to other board users, try to stay calm and relaxed as he'll be just as nervous as you. Maintain eye contact at all times and allow him to speak first. Never ask for selfies or signed photos as this will only pressurize him into beating a retreat. By now he will be well versed with the unfolding scenario, so if I could offer any advice then just be yourself.

I have met many famous people throughout my travels and to name drop a few would be a pleasure such as Prince Charles who I grafted with, Fred Dibnah, Jimmy cricket, David May, Bellamy, Don Estelle and his afghan hound, Ian Botham, John Stapleton a few times, Noel out of the oasis, the city ex footballer who looks like him out of top gear, Billy Beomont, Nathan Moor out of Brother Beyond who and a good pal of mine and even Sir Bobby Robson. Sir Bobby chatted to us for at least half an hour at Ireland international but only at his own behest. He was a proper gentleman being both funny and anecdotal.

So if any of you are lucky enough like Mr Eccles to actually have the pleasure of meeting up with the leader, then don't overpower and allow him time to breath. Remember they are only a man like you and I and all glory is fleeting.

I have met other important dignitaries from the Moon such as Mr Flower, Mr Danamy who I have to say was an excellent bass baritone, Bob De Niro, El Prersidente, Mr Blue and a few others that wouldn't appreciate a mention as they are grey men.

Last edited:
I bought a laptop in 2008. I had no idea how to work the thing and I was completely computer illiterate. Typed in Man City and somehow stumbled upon this place.
I joined a few other City forums as well, I have no idea if they still exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.