who is the best DM/ Box to Box midfielder in Prem history?

Not a lot in it at all between Gerrard, Keane, Viera and Yaya for me.

If pushed would say Gerrard

supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
It's keane and it's not even that close

if we had to pick a player to play a game to win us the league - it would be him every time

shower
It's fair enough to choose Keane, if though I think he tends to be overrated, but do you really think Keane was significantly better than the likes of Vieira, Scholes, Yaya, Lamaprd, Gerrard etc?

all brilliant on their day, i just think keane was the most complete midfielder i've seen

shower again

City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
It's keane and it's not even that close

if we had to pick a player to play a game to win us the league - it would be him every time

shower
It's fair enough to choose Keane, if though I think he tends to be overrated, but do you really think Keane was significantly better than the likes of Vieira, Scholes, Yaya, Lamaprd, Gerrard etc?

all brilliant on their day, i just think keane was the most complete midfielder i've seen

shower again
Fair enough you think he was the best, but no way was is he the most complete in the Premiership let alone the world. When it comes to footballing ability Gerrard has to be the most complete out of the bunch and only lacked discipline/game management. Yaya and Gerrard are all more complete than Keane. Did Keane have a great shot, great long range passing, great dribbling, great creativity? Technically he is probably the worst out of all the great Premiership midfielders.

The first Bluemoon meet up I went on we discussed who was the best ever Premiership player. I chose this guy. Almost everybody else in the room plumped for Bergkamp or Thierry Henry or Zola or Viera.

Not as skillful as Silva but twice as tough and scores a lot more goals. Hopelessly misused at his current club.

The perfect midfield would be Viera and Yaya and Cesc Fabregas.

ifiwasarichfan said:
The first Bluemoon meet up I went on we discussed who was the best ever Premiership player. I chose this guy. Almost everybody else in the room plumped for Bergkamp or Thierry Henry or Zola or Viera.

Not as skillful as Silva but twice as tough and scores a lot more goals. Hopelessly misused at his current club.

Forgot about Cesc...would put him up there as well. fantastic player

supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:

shower again
Fair enough you think he was the best, but no way was is he the most complete in the Premiership let alone the world. When it comes to footballing ability Gerrard has to be the most complete out of the bunch and only lacked discipline/game management. Yaya and Gerrard are all more complete than Keane. Did Keane have a great shot, great long range passing, great dribbling, great creativity? Technically he is probably the worst out of all the great Premiership midfielders.

I thought the criteria was box to box? By complete I meant in that respect, power, energy, brilliant in the tackle, perfectly timed late runs.

ifiwasarichfan said:

I'm a well known Fabregas fanboy and would purchase him tomorrow if he became available, but he's nowhere near twice as tough as Silva! One of the most under rated midfielders of the premier league though, playing in a horribly imbalanced side. If his Arsenal side had a bit more steel to it they may have actually won something.

City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:

shower again

I thought the criteria was box to box? By complete I meant in that respect, power, energy, brilliant in the tackle, perfectly timed late runs.

Perfectly timed late runs was hardly Keane's forte and once again would say he is actually the worst out of the bunch at it. Yes the criteria is box to box and it includes all the things you listed, but it also includes the other things I mentioned like control, dribbling, short passing, long passing, shooting and creativity. Then there are the mental aspects such as discipline, game management etc. When you factor all those things in I cannot see how Keane can be called more complete than Gerrard or Yaya, who are quite a bit above him technically. Not saying that being complete makes you a better player. Lewandowsi is more complete than Aguero, but think Aguero is maybe fractionally ahead.

supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:

Perfectly timed late runs was hardly Keane's forte and once again would say he is actually the worst out of the bunch at it. Yes the criteria is box to box and it includes all the things you listed, but it also includes the other things I mentioned like control, dribbling, short passing, long passing, shooting and creativity. Then there are the mental aspects such as discipline, game management etc. When you factor all those things in I cannot see how Keane can be called more complete than Gerrard or Yaya, who are quite a bit above him technically. Not saying that being complete makes you a better player. Lewandowsi is more complete than Aguero, but think Aguero is maybe fractionally ahead.

keane was the worst at timing late runs? now i know youre having a laugh

anyway we'll have to agree to differ, i feel dirty defending the @#*+

City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:

keane was the worst at timing late runs? now i know youre having a laugh

anyway we'll have to agree to differ, i feel dirty defending the @#*+

Yeh we will agree to differ, but will just say I meant out of the bunch listed not that he was bad at late runs. Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes and Yaya were all better at it than him for me. Debatable with Vieira.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.