Who is the most underrated player amongst City fans

Clichy is definitely better than Baines.

But the most underrated player among fans has to be Dzeko

Dzeko always get stick because his style and demeanor is not as appealing as the likes of aguero. But he is a striker at the end of the day and in my opinion the best goal scorer in the squad if given the same pitch time as the rest.

Let me point out one more thing

Javi Garcia at Center back.

Clichy is a good shout also think Lescott gets a tough time he's a quality centre half.

Clichy was largely responsible for two of our most humiliating moments of the season. I've thought about making a topic about him actually, I might do that soon.

AntiUnited said:
Caveman said:
AntiUnited said:
Baines says hello unfortunately
Clichy is better than Baines. Clichy plays well every single game.

Nope.
Yep

Tackles per game:
- Clichy: 3.2
- Baines: 2.4

Clichy > Baines

Interceptions per game:
- Clichy: 2.4
- Baines: 1.5

Clichy > Baines

Clearances per game:
- Clichy: 3.6
- Baines: 2

Clichy > Baines

Pass Completion %
- Clichy 84%
- Baines 82%

Clichy > Baines

Baines' combinations in the final third are so much better than Clichy's. Clichy is so poor in the final third, basic overlaps then a poor cross/pass.

Of the two, I'd rather have Clichy though. Presses like a machine, defends tenaciously, tough to beat in the 1v1 and has unreal stamina. Positionally he's suspect, too many times I've seen him sleeping over on that left hand side, five yards behind the rest of the back line. Baines doesn't bring any of that, he's not the defender Clichy is, but he's not the calamity that Clichy can be once or twice a season either. His contribution in the final third would be pretty valuable to City, especially to a Pellegrini side.

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Caveman said:
Clichy is better than Baines. Clichy plays well every single game.

Nope.
Yep

Tackles per game:

Clichy > Baines

Interceptions per game:

Clichy > Baines

Clearances per game:

Clichy > Baines

Pass Completion %
- Clichy 84%
- Baines 82%

Clichy > Baines

When u link those numbers hes basically close to him defensively but dosent even come close offensively so bains > clichy its not that hard to relies this..

If you go by what Clichy and Baines are primarily in their sides for (defending the left flank), then I'd rather have Clichy. Baines is the better attacking player though.

Blue and Proud said:
Jimmy Milner - consumate pro, always gives 100%, plays anywhere, never whinges.

Can't believe it took 6 pages for someone to finally say Milner. I completely agree!

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Yep

Tackles per game:

Clichy > Baines

Interceptions per game:

Clichy > Baines

Clearances per game:

Clichy > Baines

Pass Completion %
- Clichy 84%
- Baines 82%

Clichy > Baines

When u link those numbers hes basically close to him defensively but dosent even come close offensively so bains > clichy its not that hard to relies this..
Again, I once offered you attacking stats for a defender and you said and I quote "they are void because he's a defender"

So why do you stress Baines 4 more assists and whatever amount of goals make him the better left back?

They don't. Left backs defend first and foremost and Clichy does it better than most including Baines.

It's not hard to realize that. You seem to have a warped perception when you speak of players you have an obvious hard on for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.