Who is the most underrated player amongst City fans

Must be James Milner. Great passer of the ball, got a cracking finish on him, cannot fault his effort and always gets slated. Mostly by other sets of fans, but by some City fans as well. It's usually when he plays for England when he gets most the slack. When will people realise he's actually a quality player?

Although he's put in some great performances for City at right wing, I think he'd be better at Defensive Midfield - sort of like the new Gareth Barry (another very underrated player).

conormcfc said:
pudge said:
conormcfc said:
Half the posts in here say Barry. Does that not tell you how highly rated he is amongst City fans?

Nasri by a mile imo. Was arguably our best player for the second half of last season and yet never seems to get any credit. He has to massively outperform Silva in a game to even get a mention most of the time.

I'd say Clichy as well. Although the stats comparing him to Baines on the last page are pointless and mean nothing.
In the context of the "mini-discussion" about who's the better player then yes, they were valid.
How are they?

Stats like 'tackles per game' and 'interceptions per game' are a complete waste of time because of the variables involved. Maybe when teams play against Everton they attack their right side more because they feel that side is weaker and therefore Baines has no chance of racking up as many tackles/interceptions/headers as Clichy does in a game?

The stats would be somewhat credible if they were percentage based, like "% of tackles/headers won". But even then there's so many variables that it's hard to use those stats in a debate.
There's even variables in your reasoning. "Maybe this, maybe that"

You can over think more than over simplify at times, or you can argue for the sake of it due to the poster, not the first times those exact stats have been posted but the first time you discredit them. I'm not surprised though, or bothered anymore.

Samir

Although he has more ability than he shows a lot of the time, so it's not that surprising. No denying he can be anonymous in some matches.

pudge said:
conormcfc said:
pudge said:
In the context of the "mini-discussion" about who's the better player then yes, they were valid.
How are they?

Stats like 'tackles per game' and 'interceptions per game' are a complete waste of time because of the variables involved. Maybe when teams play against Everton they attack their right side more because they feel that side is weaker and therefore Baines has no chance of racking up as many tackles/interceptions/headers as Clichy does in a game?

The stats would be somewhat credible if they were percentage based, like "% of tackles/headers won". But even then there's so many variables that it's hard to use those stats in a debate.
There's even variables in your reasoning. "Maybe this, maybe that"

You can over think more than over simplify at times, or you can argue for the sake of it due to the poster, not the first times those exact stats have been posted but the first time you discredit them...
Yeah, that's my point... there are too many variables for the stats to have any credibility. Richard Dunne probably had more clearances and tackles when he was here than Kompany has had, doesn't tell us anything does it.

I'm not arguing, I'm just pointing out how little those stats mean. It's the first time I've seen them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.