Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excepted)

Re: Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excep

Zidane. The way he played the game was just so effortless. Anyone seen that docu about a game he played 'portrait of a genius' or something along those lines. Camera following just him in an arty kind of way, just showed how easy he found it all and how he was just going about his business as usual!

Always wanted to be Claudio Gentile as a kid.

"Football is not for ballerinas"

Johan Cruyff. I have always thought that the Ajax / Dutch Total Football system is the watershed between the old and the new. This season I think the way that Fernandinho drops in Vinnie's position when he surges forward can be traced back to Total Football but not before.

Always had a lot of time for Zola. A fantastic player, and he seemed like a decent fella as well. Too nice a bloke for Chelsea!

Dean Saunders would have loved him at Manchester City

jimharri said:
Always had a lot of time for Zola. A fantastic player, and he seemed like a decent fella as well. Too nice a bloke for Chelsea!

It was Zola that had a clear run on goal after a defender hurt himself and picked the ball up to signal medical staff over to help, correct? Classiest move I've ever seen.

For me it was Henry in his pomp. He just glided across the field, mesmerizing.

acquiesce said:
jimharri said:

It was Zola that had a clear run on goal after a defender hurt himself and picked the ball up to signal medical staff over to help, correct? Classiest move I've ever seen.

For me it was Henry in his pomp. He just glided across the field, mesmerizing.

Think that was di canio. He could have rolled it into an empty net after beating the keeper to the ball but the keeper landed awkwardly and was seriously injured. He picked up the ball and signalled for the medical staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.