Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excepted)

Re: Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excep

From Barca - Messi (greatest player ever before his ego kicked in over the past couple of years), David Villa - when he was there obviously, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro.

From Real - Modric, Ramos

From Bayern - Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Robben (even though he comes across as a prick occasionally), Neuer, Lahm, Mandzukic

From the Prem (they're all mainly English) - Gerrard, Wilshere, Suarez, Walcott, Walker, Barkley, Shaw (even though he might end up at United)

Other players - Reus, Pizscek (sp), Inler, Thiago Silva, Lavezzi

For me it is Suarez. I think the guy is pure entertainment and a quality footballer to match. Probably an absolute **** of a man and it gave me great pleasure to see him crying on the pitch at selhurst park. Still really looking forward to watching him the World Cup.

Players that I feel privileged to have seen play are messi, schweinsteiger and del piero.

Roy Keane

What a menace to the opposition

Favourite would be Maradona.

Honourable mentions to Preben Elkjaer-Larsen, Romario, Gheorge Hagi, Hristo Stoichkov, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthaeus, Socrates, van Basten,

I could go on all day. There've been some bloody wonderful players over the years.

It has to be Rooney.

But I've always liked sawed off little Shrek looking cunts who constantly cheat and cry when things don't go their way.

SteveinBeds said:
Johan Cruyff. I have always thought that the Ajax / Dutch Total Football system is the watershed between the old and the new. This season I think the way that Fernandinho drops in Vinnie's position when he surges forward can be traced back to Total Football but not before.

Have to agree with you. Cruyff for me can be mentioned with the very best footballers of all time. Pele, Maradonna, Messi to name
the ones I can think of.

Bergkamp for THAT goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.