Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excepted)

Re: Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excep

Thierry Henry

Honourable mentions to Bergkamp, Fabregas, Lampard, John Terry (solely as a player), Cannavaro, Del Piero. Most Italian players in Italy's 2006 World Cup squad to be honest.

Mayor West said:
acquiesce said:
jimharri said:
Always had a lot of time for Zola. A fantastic player, and he seemed like a decent fella as well. Too nice a bloke for Chelsea!

It was Zola that had a clear run on goal after a defender hurt himself and picked the ball up to signal medical staff over to help, correct? Classiest move I've ever seen.

For me it was Henry in his pomp. He just glided across the field, mesmerizing.

Think that was di canio. He could have rolled it into an empty net after beating the keeper to the ball but the keeper landed awkwardly and was seriously injured. He picked up the ball and signalled for the medical staff.
Correct.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxRtKTM2AU[/video]

Mayor West said:
acquiesce said:
jimharri said:
Always had a lot of time for Zola. A fantastic player, and he seemed like a decent fella as well. Too nice a bloke for Chelsea!

It was Zola that had a clear run on goal after a defender hurt himself and picked the ball up to signal medical staff over to help, correct? Classiest move I've ever seen.

For me it was Henry in his pomp. He just glided across the field, mesmerizing.

Think that was di canio. He could have rolled it into an empty net after beating the keeper to the ball but the keeper landed awkwardly and was seriously injured. He picked up the ball and signalled for the medical staff.

Di Canio caught the ball almost head height and there was still two covering defenders, it's hard to know if he would have scored it but it was a great act of sportsmanship which is rare in the game

I hated Bergkamp for being Arsenal but he was a brilliant striker, there was a lot lot more to his game than goals, probably one of the most intelligent players to play the game

Cristiano Ronaldo I like too, his improvement and dedication was brilliant to watch in England, I don't think he has any real weaknesses too apart from petulance he probably learnt from shredded wheat head

Alessandro del Piero. Fucking magic.
Zidane of course as well.
Nesta for being a one man great wall of AC Milan.

Thierry Henry or Francesco Totti for me

Rivelino and his fantastic free kicks with a ball that was not as co operative as these days.

Baggio- wonderful stylish player.

blueish swede said:
Matt Le Tiss. I would have loved it if he had scored some of his goals in a City shirt.

Definitely my favourite all time non City player. Can you imagine him in our team now.

Eddie Gray one of my favourite players when I was a kid....On the field playing football as a nipper I always wanted to be Tostao who was in that great Brazilian 1970 side..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.