Who is your most high profile signing of the summer for us?

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
Say its confirmed today that Balotelli and Milner have signed, that would make:

Toure (Y)
Kolarov
Silva
Boateng
Milner
Balotelli

6 outstanding signings, all of them, however which one would you describe as the highest profile both in terms of what he adds to the team/squad and for what it says about who we can attract?

For me its Yaya without any shadow of doubt. To have signed a player of his stature from a club with the stature of Barca, and from a manager of the stature of Guardiola who by all accounts didn't want to see him go, I think that is a massive statement from ourselves and is a massive, humongous signing. Its a signing which, (if you take talksport out of it), makes people go 'wow'. I suppose Silva does that too, but the fact we signed an important player from Barca just shades it for me.....

Apart from Milner you can't put a cigarette paper between any of them in terms of status and what they can bring to the club. But if forced I'd say probably say Silva. He's the sort of player we've been lacking for a while, and I think he's going to be devastatingly effective for us.

Yaya........not by much,cause they all are class signings,but he just edges it for me,what a unit as well,he wont be shrugged off ball easily thats for sure,I never realised he was that well built when seeing him on box for Barca,looked a bit lanky and gangly....but i was wrong....again !!!

Roll on Saturday...COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!

meeesh said:
Yaya........not by much,cause they all are class signings,but he just edges it for me,what a unit as well,he wont be shrugged off ball easily thats for sure,I never realised he was that well built when seeing him on box for Barca,looked a bit lanky and gangly....but i was wrong....again !!!

Roll on Saturday...COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!
The guy's a monster isn't he?! Can't wait to see him in action on Saturday. I hope he bosses that midfield, protects Silva and between them they set up a hat trick for Tevez. See the twitcher go all plum-like as the cameras pan onto him.

Highest profile is YaYa but got a feeling that Kolarov will be the signing of the summer as we will hopefully not see so many goals against coming from the left. Got afeeling he will bag a couple of important ones, hopefully last minute at the Devil Dome!!!

Ticket For Schalke said:
Highest profile is silva, current euro and world cup holder.

Not ness best signing but highest profile.

Don't agree. If it was as simple as that the Capdevilla would be a higher profile player than Yaya, he isn't

I think it's Yaya because of what he's achieved over the past few years and where he came from. Maybe his stock dropped a little because he wasn't getting as many games for Barca whereas Silva has been considered the business at Valencia for a while, but I think most people understand that he's a top quality player who's been a very important player for Barca in the past few years

Good post mate, if I use my head then it is Toure, the fact that we got a player from Barç whilst he is still in his prime.
On the over hand being an old romantic I would say Silva. Again in his prime but can play sublime football.
Without sounding arrogant I feel all the signings show that City have arrived as a genuine threat to european football.
To this day I still pinch myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.