Who is your most high profile signing of the summer for us?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Highest profile is silva, current euro and world cup holder.

Not ness best signing but highest profile.

Don't agree. If it was as simple as that the Capdevilla would be a higher profile player than Yaya, he isn't

I think it's Yaya because of what he's achieved over the past few years and where he came from. Maybe his stock dropped a little because he wasn't getting as many games for Barca whereas Silva has been considered the business at Valencia for a while, but I think most people understand that he's a top quality player who's been a very important player for Barca in the past few years

Then you can say Barca's back up GK has achieved the same as yaya. i think football fans appreciate the difference between spains midfield compared to their defence.

Just a matter of opinions.

The divine news has it that Mancini went to the football god and asked why he hadn't won the Champions League yet.

Then and there the God gave him 6 names.

Most high profile for me is Yaya, for all the reasons above.

Boateng for me will be the best bit of business we will of do, every time I have seen him play since we bought him he has been fantastic.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 am --<br /><br />Most high profile for me is Yaya, for all the reasons above.

Boateng for me will be the best bit of business we will of do, every time I have seen him play since we bought him he has been fantastic.

I have to pick just one?

ok...

Boateng for his speed and power down the lines
Kolarov for his shot power and dominence of left back
Yaya for his domination and power of midfield
Silva for his sheer determination to win
Milner because he's a great young talent
Balotelli because he's a determined striker with an attitude

So yeah, theres my answer

Ticket For Schalke said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Don't agree. If it was as simple as that the Capdevilla would be a higher profile player than Yaya, he isn't

I think it's Yaya because of what he's achieved over the past few years and where he came from. Maybe his stock dropped a little because he wasn't getting as many games for Barca whereas Silva has been considered the business at Valencia for a while, but I think most people understand that he's a top quality player who's been a very important player for Barca in the past few years

Then you can say Barca's back up GK has achieved the same as yaya. i think football fans appreciate the difference between spains midfield compared to their defence.

Just a matter of opinions.

They might have achieved the same but Yaya played a much bigger part in their champions league and domestic cup success which counts for a lot more obviously, even filling in at centre half when they totally outclassed the rags in the champs league final.

You base Silva's high profile on his Euro and world cup success, but he barely played in the world cup which would be similar to what Barca's back up keeper is used to I imagine

Either way, the similar transfer fee's paid for both hint towards the signings being of similar stature

Highest profile for me would be a toss up between Yaya & Silva (Yaya just edging it because he's from Barca). Greatest impact in the side, for me, is Kolarov - a left back who can defend & get forward & will be devastating at set pieces.

I'd say so far SIlva is our most prestigious signing, a key player at a CL team.

Yaya was unwanted by Barca, Kolorov and Boateng will make their names with us, Balotelli has the potential to be bigger than them all, i hope he signs.

Milner will be a quiet if effective part of why we can do the spectacular, he'll do the dirty work with De Jong to give the team balance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.