Who is your player of the season?

1. Rodri
2. Phil
3. Gvardiol (vastly underrated by our fanbase in his early days, barely put a foot wrong all season)

Its hard to argue against Rodri, but just for the sake of it I think it's Ake. Foden 3rd. Kalvin Phillips departure 4th.

Each to their own. I rarely pay any heed to those polls. Players score goals or shine in the last third of a game and suddenly everyone tumbles on in a state of euphoria, forgetting that they might have been relatively anonymous or below par for much of the game; with Rodri, you very rarely get below 8+ from start to finish and he's just always, always there.

Foden has been far more influential as the season has unfolded, though he was much less so in the opening months, which is why, if it is for the season, it's Rodri for me.
I thought Foden was really good in the opening months of the season playing in the central area in the absence of KDB. He was especially good in the Newcastle home game.

Rodri, the drop off when he doesnt play is immense. If he wasn't banned those 3 matches, we'd have the title won by now.
Yeah which as it was his own fault he got sent off has put him behind Foden for me.

1. Foden
2. Rodri
3. Akanji

De Bruyne would have been in there had he played more games too.

Rodri, the drop off when he doesnt play is immense. If he wasn't banned those 3 matches, we'd have the title won by now.

That's personally why I wouldn't give it to him! The petulance against Forest probably cost us a few points. He's been incredibly consistent and always played so it's a harsh position to take, but he's that good I expect more of him.

Akanji has been brilliant this season in my opinion, stepping into midfield, filling in at full back and just so consistent again throughout the campaign when Stones has been injured and Dias less consistent.

I'd probably give it to Foden though. He's well and truly stepped up when we needed him to and with a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.