Who remembers this Tragedy ?

I was 7 at the time and remember my Mum in a bucketload of tears watching on TV, I didn't understand grief at that age but was upset at my mum's reaction.

I also remember my mum hugging me when one of the Moor's murderers happened, I was very young and one of my first memories, I think it was John Kilbride who was taken from Ashton Market where my mum used to take me and my sister every Saturday.

Tragic times for those involved and harrowing incidents.

My family on my Grandmothers side all came from Rhondda mining towns, i wasn't born until 1967 but this cast a shadow over my youth in a way i can't really describe.
The bitterness over using the disaster fund money to pay for the clear up is still very real today.
English cunts ( not you lot) singing songs about Aberfan used to happen regularly at Ninian Park.
I go past the the cemetery often on the train, the sight always makes me cry, as much for what it did to the people that survived it, than the people who perished.

My family on my Grandmothers side all came from Rhondda mining towns, i wasn't born until 1967 but this cast a shadow over my youth in a way i can't really describe.
The bitterness over using the disaster fund money to pay for the clear up is still very real today.
English cunts ( not you lot) singing songs about Aberfan used to happen regularly at Ninian Park.
I go past the the cemetery often on the train, the sight always makes me cry, as much for what it did to the people that survived it, than the people who perished.
I were always led to believe it were solely or just mainly rag United Cunts that mocked it in 74 !?

I were always led to believe it were solely or just mainly rag United Cunts that mocked it in 74 !?
I was born and brought up 10 miles away.
The amount of slag heaps (coal dust/waste etc. ) that were displaced on very steep mountains were common all over the South Wales Valleys.
This was a disaster that could have happened many times before.
Tragically, there were so many school children involved. I still shudder to think how there weren't other disasters.
As much as I detest MUFC, they weren't the only supporters who chanted about the tragedy.
I was at a Cardiff City away game at Oxford, when they started the disgraceful chant.

I vaguely remember the news but, being six years old at the time, only realised what had truly happened later when anniversaries of it were portrayed. Being a parent and grandparent now makes you realises what an awful event it was. My heart goes out to anyone with links to it.

I was 7 at the time and remember my Mum in a bucketload of tears watching on TV, I didn't understand grief at that age but was upset at my mum's reaction.

I also remember my mum hugging me when one of the Moor's murderers happened, I was very young and one of my first memories, I think it was John Kilbride who was taken from Ashton Market where my mum used to take me and my sister every Saturday.

Tragic times for those involved and harrowing incidents.
I was eight and it really hit home . Disaster coming straight into the living room for the first time . Next horror that had a similar impact was Ibrox , as I'd just started going to matches on my own, then Bradford as I was working in the hospital closest to the ground that day listening to results as we got promoted .. All disasters are terrible but when you can identify with the victims ....it heartbreaking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.