Who remembers this Tragedy ?

I remember it, probably the worst tragedy to hit the country since the war. Little children …… how the community and emergency services coped was truly breathtaking. No such thing then as PTSD, but how many people must have suffered that.

Unfortunately I heard it in the Kippax also,
It would have been ‘85’ ish
when playing a Welsh club.
Swansea, I remember hearing at the time stood in The Kippax and not really understanding the reference....my dad, sat in The Main Stand, was raging about it.
Unfortunately I heard it in the Kippax also,
It would have been ‘85’ ish
when playing a Welsh club.

Yes today's the anniversary, 58 years ago. You look at the pictures and it seems a different era but some on here would be the same age as those children and they could have been my older brother or sister.
I remember it as though it was yesterday, despite being a child myself. I was 7 yrs old; the same as many of those children that perished. Never forget.
It was totally preventable.

I don't remember it as I was too young, but I've read books about it. There's also a YouTube documentary that I saw only a few months ago.
It was horrific and, as other posters have already said, an accident waiting to happen
In fact, scrub that, it was much more than that and, as the documentary showed, some people got away with manslaughter at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.