Who Remembers Thread

I bet you don't remember "Band Waggon" (sic) on the radio, Bill
Hi BS even I'm not that old.. Haha.. Born in 63 we didn't have a TV for a few years.. Remember going round to my mates to watch voyage to the bottom of the sea on Sundays when I was about 4 or 5, also remember watching the moon landing at home so would have had a TV in 69..(like it really happened.. Haha!) it was the size of a sideboard with a screen about the size of a microwave window... All that time gone in a blink of an eye mate..

World eradication of smallpox.
Ending of rationing in the UK.
Eradication of polio From the UK.
Greatly reduced rates of TB and diphtheria in the UK.
No more smogs.

il_570xN.777464361_ezef.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Can remember as a kid desperately holding it in as I didn't want to use the bog when it was dark, no fcuking lights, spiders the size of dogs and ripped up newspapers as bog roll.
Oh those were the days ffs

No ones mentioned the snow? If you're back yard was full of snow you couldn't get the back door open to get to the bog or the coal shed to get coal to get the fire going in the morning. Also there was plan B which wasn't very nice at all The Potty which was usually kept under the bed.Last but not least the good old tin bath again hanging up in the yard.

Man that brings back (mostly bad memories),but we were playing hide n seek one Sunday and my mate was counting to 100 on the front while we all hid in our back garden.During his count my dad came out the back door and went to the outside bog carrying his trusty newspaper, I sort of new what might happen but kept hidden, anyway, Kev came round the back and one of the first places to check for hidden mates was the outside bog, the only security on the door was an old fashioned latch.Well I must say I was really impressed the way dad disposed of last nights 12 pints of mild and pie n chip supper while checking horse racing results in the newspaper while holding the door shut to keep Kev at bay( who was pushing away while shouting that it wasnt fair to hide in there and hold the door shut),of course the rest of us could all see this unfold from our hideouts but too scared to laugh. Eventually the toilet flushed and dad appeared,Kevs face was a picture(probs got a proper whiff too), but dad just went back in the house without saying a word.Kev didnt bother trying to find us,he just went home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.