Who should be the next batman?

The notion of Levit taking the role is sadly romantic only. To make Levit fit properly you would have to seriously alter the Batman universe. This is a guy who inherited all he has from Batman. The first film would have to be him coming to terms with this huge change in his entire being. This imo would be a fine alternative of the original Batman seeing his parents killed, as @Machiavelli says notes, has been done to death.

That would just be the start of a style even fresher than the Dark Knight trilogy. Being "fresh" demands a bold approach. Those in control of the DCEU currently show nothing to suggest they have anything but a quick cash mentality with 0% vision.

The opportunity is there but there is one huge stumbling block imo. Levit like O'Connel has that baby face. On the surface that may sound shit as you could say "everyone has shit and hassle in thier lives". I would be the first to agree with that however we are talking about conveyance in cinema not real life. Levit could easily do a gritty down to earth film sure but Levit dressed as Batman? It is a hard sell for some reason. You need someone with life experience written on their face and he is to "fresh faced" for that no matter what computer wizardry is employed, his skeletal structure is to delicate facially.

I hate saying that as i love the idea of it in principal. The work involved in changing to make Levit acceptable is large. You need a bold director with vision and the ability to not have execs interfere or otherwise fuck it with a shit edit. I just do not trust those in charge to be so basically competent due to fear of losing their bonus. It is why they have their little group therapy sessions in broad daylight ;-)

tl;dr incompetent cunts make this a dream only

Doesn't batman wear a mask?

Doesn't batman wear a mask?
He does of course yes. You can still see enough of the person though. I mean you can instantly recognize who is Batman if you got all the actors who have portrayed him and put them in the same suit. There is also the issue of him as Bruce Wayne, i mean would he even be Bruce Wayne? It opens up such a huge can of worms continuity wise and indeed not wanting it.

How would you get Levit in now as Batman without thinking "that guy was Robin". This would be a terrible start in that people would have to do interviews explaining it away. How it is not the same universe etc etc. He would have to wear the bat suit and that feels off to me for some reason. The suit would need to be altered a lot imo to help with getting the message across that this is a new batman and not a ghost of Nolan's trilogy. It would also be a bit weird him just putting the bat suit on, hence it needing to look pretty original and away from previous suits, if that is possible.

If it was the same universe, would Nolan object if he heard it was going bad and he rightly would not want his trilogy tainting? This stuff sadly happens a lot, the politics. Simply hiring Levit immediately gives you corners to turn you may otherwise not have to bother about. If DC has shown one thing it is a money first mentality, more corners to turn = more risk and effort.

Personally i like the idea if it was done well. I just don't think they have the stomach for going this route. It could work but there is a greater risk for "meh this feels weird" and that is what scares the shit out of DC at the moment. They have taken a beating from Marvel so any possible negative that can be avoided, will be. I think Levit is to close to that risk for them.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they are going back to a young batman again. We have seen that story told so well. Keep going forward with older grizzled batman. That is what I want to see

I don't understand why they are going back to a young batman again. We have seen that story told so well. Keep going forward with older grizzled batman. That is what I want to see

Actually, we haven't, properly.

We've seen Bale's 'The Batman' in a sort of nondescript age return from the compound of 'Ra's al Ghul'. We don't know his age, we don't know long he spent there. We know he learned ALL his skills there.

It's a mish mash of comic stories for simplicity's sake and can be retold in better depth giving us a look at some of the 5/6 people that Wayne got his skills from.

Nobody has done the proper back story yet and it might take a couple of films to do over flashback plots.

Actually, we haven't, properly.

We've seen Bale's 'The Batman' in a sort of nondescript age return from the compound of 'Ra's al Ghul'. We don't know his age, we don't know long he spent there. We know he learned ALL his skills there.

It's a mish mash of comic stories for simplicity's sake and can be retold in better depth giving us a look at some of the 5/6 people that Wayne got his skills from.

Nobody has done the proper back story yet and it might take a couple of films to do over flashback plots.

What do you want the batman movie to be about?

So, that's the really interesting question, but let me divert!!

When I posted my original thesis on what was going on I had no idea that Matt Reeves was making a trilogy and now my gues-timation on Affleck retaining the role further on down the line, solidifies. The second film, I'm guessing, will be about the death of 'Robin' as it allows 'Bats' to free fall in the third film and question in his whole honour philosophy when it comes to violent criminals, leading to 'BvS' and 'JL'. this would round things off, nicely.

So going back to the first film choice? It's a strange one, but I can't think of an up-and-coming Hollywood actor in their 20s, 6ft tall that can come for this role as originally I thought Harry Styles would be left field pick, but he's too small for the role.

So, I have no idea, unless they go for a reliable TV actor with potential (like the way Tom Hardy came through).
HARRY STYLES?! DELETE DELETE

So, Timothée Chalamet is just shy of 6ft, in his early 20s has that scope of understanding his emotions and looks like he's pre-stage of putting on brawn.

That could be an interesting fit.
I like this idea. If they could stage it to show him in his skinny current form and then bulk the fucker up with a training montage :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.