Who should replace Riyad Mahrez?

I think it will be Cancelo and there is no coincidence he has been fully involved with the preseason prep. If Pep didn’t want him he would be nowhere near the Asian tour. He’s changed Stones into a defensive mid, Cancelo with his control and ability to thread a pass could easily be converted into where Mahrez played or move onto the other side for Grealish if needs be.
Cancelo 20 years ago would be a winger. The way Pep uses his back 4 now, the typical attacking full-back of the modern era will slowly go back to being wide midfielders again. So not a bad guess at all

One lesson I've learned from the results of these past few years is that a team may not always find the perfect fit when they need it, but as long as they remain patient, they will eventually discover the most reasonable solution. Initially, we didn't sign a suitable replacement for Kompany, which led to paying the price of losing titles in subsequent seasons. However, in the end, we acquired Ruben Dias, who helped us achieve historic results in the following years. We also didn't sign a player to directly replace Fernandinho (even though he was still with the team at the time), but later, we got Rodri. The same situation happened with David Silva and Aguero. Fortunately, we managed to bring Haaland back home, even though it meant playing a season without a striker. Then, in the absence of Silva, we developed Foden and brought in Grealish. They are completely different types of players compared to David Silva, but they succeeded in helping the team create historic achievements after his departure.

With my limited knowledge, I'm unsure who can directly replace Mahrez now, and I don't believe there's someone who can truly do that. Therefore, I think the team will solve this issue in a different way or find the answer at a more suitable time. After all, what matters most is doing the right thing, not just doing it quickly.
Good post but we didn't lose titles in successive seasons. 2019-20 is a stand alone season in the past 6 years...

First choice: Palmer.
Omg - don’t say that fella - I got ripped to pieces saying exactly that. Apparently, Palmer isn’t fit to lace sane boot laces. If you don’t agree with the main posters here then you become a pariah whose opinions are utterly worthless, and you unfortunately get treated to abusive pack mentality sound bites.
Youve been warned!

I think we’ll likely go with Bernardo (or someone similar), someone who’s smart, can retain possession and build up play rather than an out and out ‘traditional’ winger, but we’ll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.