Who should replace Riyad Mahrez?

True, but even Kane by the age of 21 was a starter and scoring +20 goals in a season. I would love to be proven wrong, but history is not on their part.

It's standard for players like Mahrez or Kante who were not in an elite team in their teens to need more time to develop, but for elite academy, if you haven't made it by 19-21, more often than not you are never gonna be an important part of the team.

Before the season Kane started at the age of 21, he'd only played 11 times for Spurs, scoring 3.

Before then he'd had mediocre lower league loans, scoring 13 in 53 matches, plus another 3 Premier League matches for Norwich.

He'd done sod all to show he was a top striker, but the first time he got a run in. half-decent Premier League team, he showed he was good.

Spurs trusted him and gave him a run. They ignored his shit loans, possibly because they knew that all that mattered was if he could play in their team, not other teams.

The most likely players to be able to play well for City, are players who've come through the ranks at City and have been trained to play that way.

If we give them a chance, not all will succeed, but some certainly will.

Personally, I think Palmer would have a chance as a Mahrez replacement, but I don't quite see it with McAtee. I rate Bobb.

I could totally be wrong though and if the club have faith in McAtee then fair enough, let's see what he can do.

Potentially Leroy. One of a very few wingers that could potentially replicate Mahrez numbers, and also cover both wings. Like the look of Adeyemi too. Don’t think Cherki, Barcola or Olise would be much of an upgrade on Bobb/Palmer and would be kinda pointless signings

The 2 biggest examples are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo...
? Messi was in Barca academy since 11 and started being the best player in the world at 19-20. Cristiano was elite by the age of 19-20 too and was an important sporting player before United signed him (at 17!). Those are another two examples of what I said

Fucking ridiculous! Why let Mahrez go then?
I posted this in another thread but it’s equally relevant here.
He wanted to go. We got great money for him. We have plenty options for the right. Mahrez was hardly getting a game last season. We have cash and space to expand/ develop into.. That’s how I see it. I think that’s why..

Right now? Nobody. Whoever we buy won’t be the right fit as that player just isn’t on the market. We wait. Buy an 8 if there’s someone we like. Find a loan move for one of Bobb and Palmer, keeping the other. Then have Bernardo, Foden and Bobb/Palmer for right wing until next summer when hopefully someone perfect for us has emerged during the upcoming season and we then go balls deep for a player that is actually right for us instead of being stuck with someone we regret signing and can’t create the space in the squad for the perfect guy. Patience people. We’ve done it before and we’ll do it again.

? Messi was in Barca academy since 11 and started being the best player in the world at 19-20. Cristiano was elite by the age of 19-20 too and was an important sporting player before United signed him (at 17!). Those are another two examples of what I said
No shit. That's what I'm saying. I was supporting your point tough guy : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.