Who Spoiled your day by Dying on your Birthday?

Not my Birthday but my Dad died on my wedding anniversary, which to be quite frank is a bit shit.

Lou Reed and David Shepherd both died on my birthday but neither caused me undue distress; unlike Alan 'Rocky' Lane, who died on my 10th birthday. I would have had no idea who he was, or been the slightest bit bothered by his demise, if I hadn't heard my dad telling my mum that Mr Ed, the talking horse, was dead. Gutted was an understatement.
A know it all punter in my local bookies, before the tinterweb was telling a couple of punters how he’d made his selection on a race for two year olds that had never raced before.

He proudly boasted he had connections in the racing world and he had been advised to back the “talking horse” horse in the race. A young lad shouted over “fuck off, I’ve seen Mr Ed, he’s never a two year old” I think he was taking the piss but couldn’t be sure.

The horse lost and our resident know it all came out with his stock excuse “it stinks, it stinks, the jockey held him back”. That was before the racing was televised in the bookies so fuck knows how he made that assumption but he always had a bullshit excuse for the many losers he backed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.