Who the f*ck is soft Mick..?! and other stupid sayings

Re: Who the fuck is soft Mick..?! and other stupid sayings

bluekat said:
51kippax said:
you've got the wrong end of the stick

Isn't this something to do with a stick that people used to wipe their arse with, with a rag wrapped around one end. So if you get the wrong end of the stick you get shit on your hands......I'm sure I've heard something along these lines, or perhaps I dreamt it.....!

A stick that people used to wipe their arse with, with a rag wrapped around one end?
That'll do for me pal, lol

Re: Who the fuck is soft Mick..?! and other stupid sayings

Cully said:
bluekat said:
Isn't this something to do with a stick that people used to wipe their arse with, with a rag wrapped around one end. So if you get the wrong end of the stick you get shit on your hands......I'm sure I've heard something along these lines, or perhaps I dreamt it.....!

A stick that people used to wipe their arse with, with a rag wrapped around one end?
That'll do for me pal, lol

Haha I thought that as I typed it!!

blumoonrises said:
As in "got more_____ than soft Mick".... obv some bloke called Mick who had loads of stuff... but where's it from..?!! can someone spill the beans..? ..which is another one that make no sense, there's loads of em, Idioms or summat. and what bout "cat got your tongue"..? why..?!

Soft Mick was a quietly spoken Irish peddlar working in Accrington in the early 1900s who had a lot of shoes for sale.

Hence "more....(shoes)....than Soft Mick.

A 'brass monkey' was a triangle on the floor of an old ship which held cannon balls. The balls we piled to form a pyramid shape so that when going into battle, there would be a stack of balls ready for the gunman to fire.

When it gets very cold, metal contracts and the cannon balls would then come loose and roll round the ships floor hence the expression:

cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Me old Grandma, as an expression of exasperation, used to shout:

"Godfrey Daniels"!

Any ideas on this one?

Oh, and if it was cold, we were told to wrap up, or we would get a "chin cough"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.