Happy as a pig in shit

Good night, sleep tight, and if the bugs bite squash em

I always thought it was:

Night night sleep tight,
Don't let the bugs bite,
If they bite, bite them back,
Night night sleep tight!

The, Dont let the bugs bite, sounds familiar but not the rest of it

Sorry for hijacking but this is my first post... How do you start a new thread in a forum? I want to introduce myself but can't find a 'new thread' button :(

NewBlueCWIW said:
Sorry for hijacking but this is my first post... How do you start a new thread in a forum? I want to introduce myself but can't find a 'new thread' button :(
tell us about yourself! there must be x ammount of posts(200)before you can start a topic!

The 'Brass Monkey' cannonball thing is a load of bollocks, a plank of cannonballs were stored in a 'garland' in a strip, not a pyramid, onboard a ship.'Geometry shows that pyramid of balls will topple over if the base is tilted by more than 30 degrees. This tilting, not to mention any sudden jolting, would have been commonplace on sailing ships. It just isn't plausible that cannon-balls were stacked this way. The coefficient of expansion of brass is 0.000019; that of iron is 0.000012. If the base of the stack were one metre long, the drop in temperature needed to make the 'monkey' shrink relative to the balls by just one millimetre, would be around 100 degrees Celsius. Such a small shrinkage wouldn't have had the slightest effect.'

The 'V' sign longbowmen at Agincourt theory, is also a load of bollocks.

So, the next time some smart arse bangs on about these theories down the pub, give 'em what for.

des hardi said:
NewBlueCWIW said:
tell us about yourself! there must be x ammount of posts(200)before you can start a topic!

How dumb is that??? I joined the forum to be supportive of my OH who is a city fan. I have agreed that if city beat united we can get married at eastlands. Just wanted to join the forum and put that as my first thread and go from there. But if you have to post 200 times first I think I'll go elsewhere... And you don't have auto smileys. For the richest club in the UK your forum is pretty lame...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.