who were you hugging whe the goal went in?

mackenzie said:
ciderjohn1 said:
a girl at work who predicted city would win when we were 2-1 down , i didn't find out the result until just after 5 o' clock.
not the best thing to do in psychiatric hospital ;-)

You didn't know until after 5pm??????

big fail on my behalf !!!!!!!!!!!!

At 1-2 at about 88 mins I said to my mate, "I can't handle this" and nipped off out to the bog and had a crafty cig at the top of the spiral of the CB stand. I happened to look down to the memorial garden to see a couple sat there, heads bowed, looking defeated, I really felt for them. Was on the way back to my seat as Dzeko scored. I got back into the stand but by then couldn't get to my seat, there were about 40 fans milling around on the steps leading down to my row so I just stood with them. When Aguero netted, the place erupted, I hugged and danced with everyone around me, blokes, women, kids, I and they didn't care !Never seen anything like it, from the depths of despair to manic euphoria in seconds.
I eventually made it back to my seat in row A and proceeded to hug everyone around me, all along the row and the 2 rows behind. All great people who sit in that area, tears aplenty. What a day.

johnbmcr said:
real fans will rip a kidney out but blubbing will be out of fashion
Nonsense, the trend is towards the outpouring of bodily fluids as already identified. Take your pick as to which one. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fluid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fluid</a>

I jumped into the Executive Box behind me in Family Stand and did a group hug with Savic,Rekik & Suarez...... should of gone inside and nicked a bottle of Champers whilst i was at it...!!!

nashark said:
Not so much about hugging, but what's all this business about people crying.

Pretty much everything I read, watched and heard about on the the match after the game, there was always a City fan going on about how he cried as if it's a 'biggest blue' contest. Even when I went on the internet to chill out to a bit of tunnel cam, the players were fucking at it as well.

I think it's the in-thing now, though, and I'm just behind the times with my 1990s style 'jumping up and down and shouting yeah' celebration but even at the parade, I walked past a super-fan in front of a camera telling this journalist about how he's never cried so much in my life. I felt like whipping out my seasoncard and saying to him, 'platinum motherfucker'.

But yeah, call me old-fashioned, but this crying as a means of expressing your happiness will be on the way out soon I reckon, just like Enron, just like Gandhi. I suppose the question is, 'what's next?', 'how will people celebrate in 5 years time?'. Maybe fainting will be back in fashion, or perhaps the biggest fan will jump off a cliff, the ultimate sacrifice. Who knows eh?
Well said that man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.