Who will be our main rivals this season?

It’s pessimistic to say we’ll be title favourites if we buy Kane and 2nd favourites if we don’t? You find that to be pessimistic? Really? We are an excellent team. So are Chelsea. It is tight between us. Tight enough that Kane can be the difference.
Whoever finishes above Chelsea will be Champions. Under Tuchel they are pretty much the perfect blend of skill and strength. We need Kane or someone better than Lukaku to win it. Still a long way to go and luck and injuries to come but this is a superb Chelsea side...worthy European Champions in my view.

Whoever finishes above Chelsea will be Champions. Under Tuchel they are pretty much the perfect blend of skill and strength. We need Kane or someone better than Lukaku to win it. Still a long way to go and luck and injuries to come but this is a superb Chelsea side...worthy European Champions in my view.
Will be a difficult task getting ahead of them might require the effort we put in against the dippers back then. Tuchel seems to have Pep in his back pocket which doesn't help matters but we are best equipped to get one over on them. Maybe roles reversed in May the rent boys champs of England and City Champions of Europe.

If you believe Twitter our biggest rivals at the minute are Villa!

Chelsea will be our biggest rivals I’d say. They look pretty good and lukaku showed today, particularly in the first half, why we need Kane it similar. Lukaku knows where the goal is, gets in good positions and his hold up play today was class. Strong challengers.

23 pages to say who will be our biggest rival,no particular order Chelsea, Liverpool united close thread most people will only put these teams on every page anyway

Chelsea look strong but remember they have played 2 piss poor teams and their first real test comes this weekend Vs Liverpool. Can't really Judge anything until early November when teams are fully fit and the cup competitions are in full swing.

If we're close to the top or top by then it'll be difficult for the other teams to catch us I think

We have a squad now laden with creative midfielders/wide men but lacking in other areas

No striker, no top class left back and no top class defensive midfielder.

We possibly make up for it with a top heavy array of attackers who aren’t number 9s, but overall Chelsea now have a better all round squad than us and you could almost argue United do!! Liverpool have also improved with their injuries cleared up, so to expect City to win the league again without a striker is a bit unlikely for me at the minute. We have Pep I suppose.

Are we any better equipped to be able to deal with Chelsea or United counter attacks though than we were last season, for example?
Didn’t seem so at Spurs

Rags in the local Derby....and by little far, Leeds... nothing more or less

Obviously we will still challenge for the league but even the most optimistic person has to be concerned we have no striker no leftback and our best defensive midfielder is 36 years old, On top of that we also have three players who have made it clear they want to leave and a manager who's made it clear he will be leaving at the end of his current contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.