Who will be scoring goals for us this season?

We sold Gundogan and Mahrez. Gundo scored an average of 12.7 goals and Mahrez 17.7 goals in the last three seasons in all competitions, that's almost 30 goals per season that we might be missing. Kovacic isn't known for his goal-scoring prowess - he's only scored a total of three goals in the last three EPL seasons - and even if we buy another winger, I doubt he'll have as big an impact as Mahrez right away. Haaland will need to up his numbers even more LOL. Alvarez, Foden, Grealish and KDB would all need to score 7-8 more goals to compensate for Gundogan and Mahrez. Not looking good at the moment.
My thought too. As long as Kev is not in top form and our creative machine room has to find its new mojo,
I could imagine that we find it difficult to score
and have to shut up shop at the back to get our 3 points regularly.
First match at home will show if we can find the net as good as last season(s).

It’s something we all looked at Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus to do when David Silva and Agüero left. We needed them to step up.

Despite being part of the historic Centurions and domestic treble achievements a few seasons earlier, both of them shrunk under the expectation to be main men in the team and - instead of scoring 100 goals between them like they did while Silva and Kun were still here - and influencing games; they were in-and-out of the side, across different positions, were on the bench a lot, scored just 58 goals between them after Silva and Kun had left, didn’t really influence many games as leaders and ended up being sold.

We need others to step forward for this coming season and we’ve seen what Pep does to those who don’t so it’s a big season for some no matter what we’ve achieved with them in the team previously.

Pep is ruthless and if players don’t get their bollocks out and show us how big they are now the expectation is on them more than before, Pep will be ruthless with them n’all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thought too. As long as Kev is not in top form and our creative machine room has to find its new mojo,
I could imagine that we find it difficult to score
and have to shut up shop at the back to get our 3 points regularly.
First match at home will show if we can find the net as good as last season(s).
Its something I hadn't really considered but the numbers are higher than I thought. Even if we don't quite score the volumes it's getting goals at key moments and agree with others that players need to step up. Especially looking at Jacky boy to be far more involved in end product like he started to last year

Hopefully someone in midfield will surprise us and step up to surpass their normal goal tally.
Sterling scored 31 goals one season for us, maybe it’s the number Foden needs to start aiming for? This might well be double what he’s achieved in a season but Sterling managed it and Foden is a better footballer than Sterling. They’re the sort of numbers Messi’s supporting cast in its various guises achieved at Barcelona.

Even if he gets, say, 22; that’s a jump from his 16, 14, 15 numbers of the last few years and is taking up some of the slack.

Add Grealish in to aim for Mahrez’s 17 goals a season numbers… and say he achieves 12; that’s a jump from his 6 and 5 numbers since he’s been with us and takes up some slack.

Álvarez n’all - 17 goals in 2,524 minutes last season. Maybe he can make that 25 goals in 3,500 minutes this season?

But it’s alright saying and hoping they’ll do it… they’ve got to go and do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.