who will get dropped when ade is back ???

a nice problem for Hughes.Has to be better than the choices we used to have,Samaras etc.

Zab Toure Lescott Bridge

SWP De Jong Barry Petrov

A little and Large partnership up front

subs Other little and large partnership Robinho Ireland Richards Johnson keeper.

When we have a full squad available and if we started a game with the same team as last night our bench would be ridiculous

Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Superman, Robbie, Vinnie, Richards, Johnson, Weiss.

That's basically a team that'd finish top six.

swp,he`s not had a bad start to the season,but competition to start matches upfront is unreal.I see him being rested against villa.petrov`s display last night must have got him a starting place,but hughes knows!not me.
can`t wait to see the bench next week will be the strongest team ever put out by city.

If we are to select our team based on form, then for Villa, it should unquestionably be:

.........................Given........................

Zabaleta.......Toure.......Lescott.......Bridge

................De Jong.......Barry................
Bellamy......................................Petrov
.................Tevez..............................
.............................Adebayor..............

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Sylvinho, Johnson, Ireland, SWP, Santa Cruz.

Unfortunatley, Weiss has no place in the squad, but such is the strength in depth. And to think there's still Robinho, Onuoha and Kompany to come back too!

SWP would have to make way without doubt.

Im gonna put my tin hat on here but having watched SWP since his return I feel that unfortunately we have bought the nervous SWP that couldnt get a regular game at Chelsea rather than the wing wizard that played with no fear when at City originally! I dont care how many times I hear people say 'He is a better player now than when we sold him' he has lost something from his game.

On current form Ireland will be getting a few splinters as well so I would line up like this next week.

---------------Given---------------
Zabaleta---Toure---Lescott---Bridge
----------De Jong--Barry-----------
Bellamy----------------------Petrov
---------Tevez--Adebayor----------

I agree, SWP has been a shadow of his old self recently, hes trying to run through people instead of around them and doesnt get half as many decent balls in than he should. He needs 'resting' defo, World cup year for him too so he needs to sort it out!!

i actually think against villa that bellamy will be on the bench, not because of form issues just his persistant knee problems, hughes in pre season stated he shouldn't play 3 games in 7 days which he just has, and yesterday on the OS hughes is quoted saying that if the likes of ade, robbie or RSC were available or fit enough that bellamy would have sat the west ham game out despite his blistering form! so i see hughes putting bellamy on the bench to give him plenty of rest. just my opinion! against villa think we'll play 4-4-2.

------------------given
zab-------toure---------lescott-------bridge

SWP------de-jong-------barry--------petrov

-----------tevez--------ade

Project said:
I think Petrov drops out for the next game at least. He hasn't done anything to deserve it but when we play Villa we need players like SWP who can run back 60 yards to defend their counter attacks. Bellamy will do the same thing down the left hand side. We need the work rate and toughness at places like Villa Park.

Zab - Toure - Lescott - Bridge

SWP - NDJ - Barry - Bellamy

----Tevez - Adebayor

I think Ireland sits on the bench in this one too.
this but with ireland for De jong if fit probably

One thing is for certain, Adebayor has to play. He's got 4 in 4!! Even looking at it now, it might be hard for Adebayor to get back in the team. Problems for Hughes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.