Who Will Get Sacrificed...

I think we will see Petrov on the bench. He's not likely to get a start this season unless there are more injuries.

That said, I can see Hughes leaving Robinho out for away games. Much though I love the fella, he isn't justifying his place and maybe sitting out a few games would do him good aswell as giving Petrov a chance.

Remember the days when it was impossible to pick 11 players you actually wanted to start, now it really is difficult to know who to drop. I really think it depends on opposition and if home or away, and current form of certain players.... Given Onuoha, dunne, Kompany, Ireland, SWP and Bellers must start...then mix and match Bridge, Richards, Zabber, Dejong, Robinho, Elano, Bojinov, Petrov......with the addition of Sturridge, Caciedo, Fernandes,Evans...not a bad squad really

[Controversial]
Bye bye Robbie. You just aren't right for the manager and the club.

Thanks for some good memories.
[/Controversial]

We should probably keep him but for me he has much to prove. Away games I'd have dropped him weeks ago. Even in home games I am starting to question him. There is no doubting his talent but I get the feeling we're the wrong club at the wrong time with the wrong manager for Robbie. He could regain confidence and become a force but I feel that he's a player who will turn 2-0s into 4-0s but won't get us any 1-0s.

For me there is much scope for switching around. In the formations below we could easily have Zab at right back or defensive midfield. Vinny, Ned and Dunney are fairly interchangeable, perhaps based on opponents (Ned against the fast players). We could even try Bellers on the right if SWP needs a rest or whatever.

AWAY

-------------------------Given---------------------------
Richards------Onouha------------Dunne------------Bridge
--------------De Jong-----------Kompany----------------
SWP------------------Ireland----------------------Petrov
----------------------Bojinov----------------------------

HOME

--------------------------Given--------------------------
Richards--------Ned---------------Dunne------------Bridge
-----------------------De Jong--------------------------
SWP-----------------Ireland----------------------Petrov
------------Bellers---------------Boj----------------------

I think Robinho has to be the one to make way tbh, Petrov is a brilliant crosser, great pace, got a load of assists last year and even chips in with the odd goal now and again, and the difference is with Robinho is that Petrov can do this both at home and AWAY. If the opposition team are all over us, yeah he may not be helping the left back out by tracking back and getting stuck in however he will always be trying to make things happen when he's on the ball instead of hiding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.