Who will the non-England fans be backing in the World Cup?

I'm a jock, so won't be supporting England. Don't get me wrong I won't be jumping around supporting everyone who plays England, but I certainly won't be supporting England. Now before all my England supporting Bluemooners get a shitty on, let me explain.

The big argument is that we should support the 'home' team if we're not there (and lately that is all the time). So, with that argument in mind, let me ask all Bluemooners a relevant question. City have never qualified for the CL, therefore we should support the home team, which for us is the Rags. Right, lets have some honesty, who supported the Rags against Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Barcelona? Yes, no one. so please leave us jocks alone....

I put my Scottish mate 7 quid on Brazil and gave him the initialed slip as a Christmas present he gets 50 quid if they win it plus he,s in the world cup.I was gonna put him on England but he wants England to fail innit and I didnt want to ruin his world cup by having a little bit of him wanting England to win it. Honest watching England games with him is funny, not as funny as watching Scotland games mind.

As an Englishman, ill obviously be wanting England to win, but when they go out i wont be too bothered.

Ill be keeping an eye out for USA, Australia, Spain and Argentina.

Oh and of course Brazil, you wouldnt be a football fan if you didnt take an interest in Brazil!

I just love the World Cup in general!

malg said:
I'm a jock, so won't be supporting England. Don't get me wrong I won't be jumping around supporting everyone who plays England, but I certainly won't be supporting England. Now before all my England supporting Bluemooners get a shitty on, let me explain.

The big argument is that we should support the 'home' team if we're not there (and lately that is all the time). So, with that argument in mind, let me ask all Bluemooners a relevant question. City have never qualified for the CL, therefore we should support the home team, which for us is the Rags. Right, lets have some honesty, who supported the Rags against Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Barcelona? Yes, no one. so please leave us jocks alone....

mate, i find your views very refreshing. i am english and will support them during the world cup with a passion, as i do during all the qualifiers. clearly being a jock (your words), you will have trouble backing england but the difference with poh and some others on here is that they will actively cheer against england. when scotland play, i hope they win. if they lose though i don't give a flyer. therefore i fully respect your position on this. the people who say they'll back ABE baffle me. let's imagine under slightly different circumstances england played with this team :
hart, richards, bridge, lescott, upson, johnson, barry, lampard, wright-phillips, rooney, defoe. can any loyal city fan honestly say they could back USA or algeria against england??
my advice is back england or don't, but don't claim to support an english club and then cheer for a team playing against england.

citykev28 said:
malg said:

mate, i find your views very refreshing. i am english and will support them during the world cup with a passion, as i do during all the qualifiers. clearly being a jock (your words), you will have trouble backing england but the difference with poh and some others on here is that they will actively cheer against england. when scotland play, i hope they win. if they lose though i don't give a flyer. therefore i fully respect your position on this. the people who say they'll back ABE baffle me. let's imagine under slightly different circumstances england played with this team :
hart, richards, bridge, lescott, upson, johnson, barry, lampard, wright-phillips, rooney, defoe. can any loyal city fan honestly say they could back USA or algeria against england??
my advice is back england or don't, but don't claim to support an english club and then cheer for a team playing against england.
Kev, glad you understood my point, as I was expecting (and still am) a lot of stick. We're not all England haters. I'm just not an England supporter, and there is a big difference.

malg said:

Not out fault you're shit!! SUPPORT ENGLAND! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.