Who will win euro 2024

Impossible to say
So many factors come into play in knock out stages- everyone will put the blame on the managers but it’s a fickle game , shots 2 inches wide, bad ref/var decision, sending off, couple players off their game.
All very fine margins.

England or France.

England.

They've been close the last couple of tournaments so i think that experience will play to their advantage this time.

Apart from goalkeeper, they have the deepest squad i can remember.

Really?

I thought the squad looked pretty thin this international break, if Chilwell was the best we had available at left back. If Stones is injured in a tournament, you're left with the likes of Maguire and Dunk as your CB pairing, imagine them against France haha. If Rice got injured, we would probably play Henderson.

I think England have enough good attacking options. Defensively there's a huge drop off in quality if there's an injury. Not sure I'd say that's a very deep squad, especially defensively.

Spot on as usual!

If any other nation had reached the finals of the Euros and the semis of the World Cup, there'd be plenty touting them in here as the winners!

The simple, indisputable fact is that Southgate is the most successful manager we've had since Sir Alf. You can debate it all you like but it's a fact.

I think it's more a point that we've had fairly favourable fixtures tournaments under waistcoat but can't seem get over the line in games considered 50-50 or against a team ranked similar to us and we come unstuck tactically. That seems to be a very common theme with Southgate..

In 2018 our knockout games were Colombia, scraped through on pens, beat Sweden. Both teams we should beat. Knocked out by Croatia. No tactical changes when the game was turning.

2021, our knockout games were a very poor German side, Ukraine and Denmark. All lesser teams. Threw away the final tactically.

2022. Beat Senegal as we should. Done by France.

Yeah people can say he got us further than other managers, but that's either because they massively underperformed or met harder teams early on.

That doesn't automatically mean Southgate did a great job just because those before him were poor. Greatness isn't measured against the failures that come before you, it's based on what you achieve in your time.

he's done a decent job. He's beat who we should. He can't beat the teams around our level when it matters. You wouldn't stand for that at club level because you know it wins you nothing.

I'd expect if they don't meet a France/Germany final.

Otherwise the Dutch seem to be coming out of a dark period then Spain ... Portugal always seem to have too old a team but keep producing.

Easy names to chuck in but I can't see past those 5.

Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal.

The Euro's tends to spring a surprise or two. Denmark and Greece winning it. Wales, Czech Republic, Russia and Turkey making semi finals.

Games are tight and it comes down to fine margins. We're going to have to outscore the opposition to win those games with our defence. And due to Southgate's naturally defensive mindset I don't think we'll do that.

Luck of the draw will play a huge part.

The French are the standout side, so England's chances depend on them getting taken care of by someone else.

If england keep a fit first 11 they may have a run to the semi’s. But thatll be it and southgate will shit his knickers.

If any starters get injured the back ups are piss poor and be quarters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.