Who will win our free-kick discussions?

Tricky_Trev

If we sign Balotelli, we will have an amazing set of free-kick takers. Tevez has great technique and should probably score more free-kick goals than he does. Adam Johnson is a fantastic free-kick taker, but tended to back down to Tevez's desire to take them last season. Both Balotelli and Kolarov can absolutely hammer them! You would not want to be in the wall if either of those 2 are lining up a shot. And looking at the pair of them... another thing you wouldn't want to do is tell them that you are taking it and that they should sod off! Anything within 40 yards and they will both fancy their chances. There could be some heated debates with those 4 surely all wanting to be on free-kick duty! It will be interesting to see what happens. Tevez and Johnson will be our close-range takers, with Tevez probably not letting AJ have a sniff of getting one. When we have a long-range one, it's Balo v Kolarov. Who gets your vote?

Oh, i forgot about him when typing this, but can Silva take a decent free kick too, or not?

AlexOC said:
I thought about mentioning him, but he won't be in the list of 25. Bobby's already said that Kolarov and Bridge will be his 2 left backs.

I reckon Johnson will get them if they're down the wings and looks easier for a ball to cross in rather than shoot.

Tricky_Trev said:
AlexOC said:
I thought about mentioning him, but he won't be in the list of 25. Bobby's already said that Kolarov and Bridge will be his 2 left backs.

Is that the only place he plays? Did he not play on the left once last season? not that he would get into our midfield anyway?

Johnson, Kolarov, Tevez, Ballotelli. Great to have the options.

I expect plenty more goals from set pieces this season with Kolarov and Johnson whipping them in. Plus the added height of Yaya and Ballotelli (fingers crossed).

Kolarov whipping them in! The players will be complaining it's back to the mark kennedy days when he'd take someones head off with his crosses!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.