Who's for a 'False 9'

Not immediately, no, but looking ahead, I think the time only to experiment and give him a breather would be Bournemouth/Young Boys at home. Yet, at the same time, if he's still struggling for form at that point, then one would hardly withdraw him from the firing line against such opponents.

OK, I'll say it, it's time to bring back a false 9. In short, Haaland might as well be the invisible man. He's so static, he marks himself. You could almost justify his selection as a target man, if we went long, or crossed at every opportunity, but we don't.

Arsenal won that game today because they had a shot and got lucky, we didn't win that game today because we effectively played with 10 men and created nothing. No ingenuity, no creativity, no runs from deep, hardly any crosses and even fewer shots!

I could not believe he took off Alverez. He's the only goal threat or assist threat we have. I felt so sorry for Bernardo and our defence, but if you offer nothing offensively then eventually the other team will get lucky. It's happened 3 games on the trot, loads of possession, feck all chances created, Haaland taking root as he's that static, and 3 defeats to teams who are not better than us, but just chanced their luck by having the odd shot!

Christ... it's time you went for a lie down pal.

He managed to score 50 against teams that did what you suggest last season.

We‘re out of a bit of form and have had a poor 10 days.

We don’t need to rip the plan up that won us the treble just yet.
Indeed he did, but the supply line this season seems to have dried up completely at the moment. Gunders and Mahrez gone, Kev crocked and Jack reverting back into his first season incarnation. There’s not much point in having an out and out marksman like Erling in your team if you’re not going to give him the ball where he needs it.
Hopefully the return of Johnny Stones stepping up alongside Rodders, will give us back our old control of proceedings and enable us to play right up on the edge of our opponent’s area and get Haaland involved again

Haaland aint the problem

The midfield behind him is the problem.

Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo, Foden, Grealish (when he plays) - so little creativity from all these players. Foden tries but the rest just dont

I dont get the purchase of both Kovacic and Nunes....one or the other fine but both no....they both run lots with the ball but dont create much (Nunes however acn play different positions so maybe we will see).

This shows that we need that replacement for KDB now.... not when he leaves/retires and neither of the lads we have bought are it....neither for me is Paquetta
This. No creativity in our midfield. Having Rodri and Stones back will make a big difference.

Kovacic looked good against the lower ranked teams but has not stood up at all when we needed him.

Rodri is becoming our Messi where if he doesn't plays, we struggle to win.

Todays game shows how much we are missing Gundogan. To lose him and KDB being out is just too much.

OK, I'll say it, it's time to bring back a false 9. In short, Haaland might as well be the invisible man. He's so static, he marks himself. You could almost justify his selection as a target man, if we went long, or crossed at every opportunity, but we don't.

Arsenal won that game today because they had a shot and got lucky, we didn't win that game today because we effectively played with 10 men and created nothing. No ingenuity, no creativity, no runs from deep, hardly any crosses and even fewer shots!

I could not believe he took off Alverez. He's the only goal threat or assist threat we have. I felt so sorry for Bernardo and our defence, but if you offer nothing offensively then eventually the other team will get lucky. It's happened 3 games on the trot, loads of possession, feck all chances created, Haaland taking root as he's that static, and 3 defeats to teams who are not better than us, but just chanced their luck by having the odd shot!
No chance, Erling has to play, he's such a threat when's he out there and the best goalscorer in the world.

You can't really blame him if no one's feeding him!

We won the treble with a no.9 and people prefer the false 9 return?

He will undoubtedly drop 6 goals in as many games after the break. *close thread as it’s an extremely daft one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.