Who's for a 'False 9'

We won the treble with a no.9 and people prefer the false 9 return?

It’s knee jerk nonsensical bollocks. I’m not worried in the slightest this season. Every player has droughts.. even prime Messi used to go on 3, 4 match runs without a goal. His performances last season and over the previous 3/4 season with former clubs and country tell you it wasn’t some 4 year fluke regardless what the doom mongers say. I actually can take good things from todays game as in I don’t think Arsenal will be as good as they were last year, Liverpool look better than they did although a fraction of their 2018-22 sides and Tottenham are top. We get our shit together and this ends one way.

Any team would miss KDB and Rodri in the long run.

We have to have back ups to them that aren’t significant drop offs. That’s the challenge.

Dropping Haaland isn't the answer.

Creative midfielders required and unfortunately de bruyne is injured the lad at West Ham we tried to get but suddenly he was involved in some betting bollocks so that scarpered that ..

Haaland has room for growth, like everybody else, but he's not the problem.

It's clearly a systematic issue. Don't even know where to begin on this one.

If he was in the team that had Sterling on the right and Sane on the left, we'd never have complaints regarding service to Haaland.

Though I think the wings are a problem to maximize the potential out of a striker like Haaland, I don't think it's the primary problem.

As others have pointed out - it's midfield. Our backups and new signings are not yet ready to steer the ship.

Simple problem - we’ve gone from KDB Rodri and Gundo in the middle to various mixtures involving Kovacic Lewis Nunes Phillips etc.

Last year was a world class midfield - possibly the best in world football - this season it’s average.

Recruitment for midfield positions has been dreadful.

Not wining anything this season - best hope is recruitment much better next Summer

Some people need to find a different sport to watch. Why don't we also get rid of pep and bring in Lego head, offer liverpool rodri for endo, sell stones to spurs for a fiver and stick in an £80 million bid for slabhead.

if plan A would have worked we may have now a Rodri-Bellingham-KDB midfield. with Bellinghams appetite for goals that would have been something.
since than we lost out on Bellingham, KDB got a very bad injury for months so we have a midfield of Rodri-Lewis-Nunes or Kovacic which in terms of creating attacks, scoring goals does not even come close to a Rodri-Bellingham-KDB trio.

this is our main issue.

said it in other thread but Nunes and Kovacic together wont score as many league goals for us all season as Bellingham did for Real up until first week of October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.