Who's your 2nd fave Prem team, UK team & fave World team?

Soft spot for West ham, not much though

Accrington Stanley

Rangers

Roma

Belgium( big vinny and I worked there for a while)

keemcfc said:
Obviously City are the only team you 'support', but who are you're other faves from:

1) The Premiership,

2) Other English leagues,

3) UK leagues (Scotland, Wales, Ireland...IOM...)

4) World leagues,

5) Fave international team (non UK)

1. Premier LEAGUE(!): West Ham United FC (don't like anyone else at all!)

2. Other English leagues: Don't like anyone at all

3. UK team: Dont like anyone at all (especially not Rangers or Celtic, it would be anyone but them!)

4. World Leagues: Germany. They have it all bang on there. Everything is in place.
This was a statement by Bayern club president Uli Hoeneß when they moved to their new stadium and made 12500 season tickets available at the equivalent of £104 (it was in German but has been translated):
We could charge more than £104. Lets say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but whats £2m to us? In a tranfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England.

and just look at this:
dortmund_schalke_2007_01_80.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion

245742566_5bc62bcb66.jpg

and especially it's die Südtribüne!

Takes the piss out of anything in this country since The Kippax held 30000. And no matter how good City get on the pitch, we will never be the best club in the world until we have a Kippax back to outdo the die Südtribüne. And, of course, it must be along the side of the pitch (East Stand) as that's what set the Kippax apart from the Spion Kop, the Stretford End, the Holt End etc. and what made City so unique. I maintain that when the Kippax came down in 1994 City have never been the same club since and won't be until there is sometheing as good if not better than the old Kippax and die Südtribüne.

In any other world leagues I'd take my pick from any but the big clubs. So ruling out Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Internazionale, AC Milan... they are just the Man United's of their leagues. Everything we hate in football clubs.

Maybe I'd go for Sevilla, Sampdoria, Bordeaux... but I don't have any affinity to any, I'm just listing random clubs.

5. International team: Don't like any at all.

Basically I only like City, West Ham and a pick of most German clubs (apart from Hamburg and St Pauli because Rangers and Celtic align themselves to these two clubs so I'd stay away from them) I don't like anyone else at all.

Bluemoon115 said:
UK: East Sterlingshire.

Reminds me of my first ever City game in the mid 90's when they came up and played Livingston at Almondvale. I remember seeing the pre-season friendly t-shirts and almost every team was misspelt: Livingstone, Sterling... can't remember the others but there were more.

It just took another 15 years before I managed a home game!

1) The Premiership: Whoever's playing the rags. And Fulham, I'm an American and Dempsey's my favorite US player.

2) Other English leagues: Exeter City, made them into a top club on FIFA one year, and have always had a little love for them since then.

3) UK leagues (Scotland, Wales, Ireland...IOM...): The only teams I really know are Celtic and Rangers. Weiss and Edu (yank) are on Rangers, and they wear blue, so I guess them...

4) World leagues: Germany: Hamburg Italy: not sure, find it real hard to watch Italian football. Spain: Don't know enough about the teams that aren't Madrid or Barca, but I can't stand all of the glory hunting american fans of those 2 clubs.

5) Fave international team (non UK): US, Holland.

1) Chelsea . Supported them as a kid in South Wales before i came oop to Manc in 74 .

2) Cardiff . The mighty Bluebirds .My father`s team .

3) Glasgow Rangers FC .

4) Germany .

5) Germany . Love the country , people and especially Berlin . My mothers family are originally from Frankfurt Too .

DetCity said:
4) St. Pauli- Lovely anarchist bastards+free sausage+beer dispensers at seats.

not all of them know what to do with a beer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPYxMAkRMOk&NR=1[/youtube]

It's just City for me,no one else!

Hell,I don't even watch any other football at all these days,only City games,even then I never really focus on what the opposing team are doing,only how we are performing.

I couldn't even tell you who plays on the other team,they are all just nameless scum there to be beaten by the mighty Blues,and if we don't win,that's our fault,nowt to do with the other team!!

I used to watch loads of football back in my teens and twentys but not now. Only two teams exist in football as far as I'm concerned, Manchester City and whatever bunch of knobheads we happen to be playing that week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.