Who's your favourite City manager?

Has to be Bobby. He changed our mentality, got us to the champions league, tore that banner down, the 6-1, the 1-0 at home against that lot, the fa cup semi final and final, the league title and of course got us Balotelli. He will forever be a legend and a hero in my eyes. Also enjoyed the days of Keegan (used to write into the club as a kid when he was there and I would always get a signed picture of Keegan back although it was never what i actually wanted, must have about 10 of the bloody things).

Mancini! Brought us our first silverware in my lifetime, but most of all took no shit from rags, media or anyone else. I loved his arrogant, winning mentality and that he projected that onto City.

Pellers is very professional and doing a great job, and it seems in many ways he appears to be a better man-manager than Mancini, but we could really do with more of a 'don't fuck with us' mentality towards rags, Maureen & cockney mafia media types.

Those of us who were lucky enough to witness the previous golden era will automatically think of Joe Mercer. It really was "football with a smile". Of the more recent managers several deserve a mention. Mancini for all the reasons others have said, John Bond for his style, Skip because he is 'City', Horton, enjoyable football and thoroughly decent bloke and Big Joe Royle and Keegan, right men at the right time. I always thought it was a pity Howard Kendall chose to go back to Everton as I think he would have stabilised the club and the disastrous fall into the third tier would never have happened. Some of the rest it's probably wise not to even try and think about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.