Why £80m players are needed to break through.

fbloke

Aston Villa dont have any.

Arsenal dont have any

Spurs dont.

City dont have any

Liverpool do, sometimes.

The truly world class players are the ones who do that bit extra, have that power or speed and City don't have any yet.

Liverpool were looking like a team out of the reckoning until Gerrard came back and will soon bring in Torres again and kick on.

Villa will fall away, as will Spurs as they have to play at the very top of their game to keep up.

Spurs are showing their level way below the top 4.

So are we going to be replacing Arsenal?

A Drogba, Rooney, Terry, Torres, Gerrard is the level we need and until then we cant expect to win the league.

But as it is the stated desire to win it within the first 5 years we are looking at a very busy summer.

If we break the top 4 i wouldn't be suprised if we saw a player arrive for around 80-90million.

If we break it then SSN is just gonna be city all the time, it's gonna be a very very exciting summer, we could have a few massive names in city shirt come 2010/2011 season,

But we need to break into the top 4 first, that's the key, then sit back buckle up for the ride, gonna he hectic.

Tevez is as good as Rooney I think, or at least can be, but we definitely need a talisman both in defence and midfield of the highest possible quality. The players around them don't all need to be "top 10 in world" material, just very good to excellent and molded into a good team by the manager.

Sometimes, you just need a squad that works for each other.

I don't think paying a record sum of money for someone is the answer. We paid a record sum for Robinho, after all, and he was too lightweight.

Real Madrid have broken records in the transfer market, with nothing to show for it.

Spending money for the sake of it is'nt the answer, in my opinion. Buying players who want to win is.

Let's get some hungry players into the squad who want to win, and who cares how much they cost!

fbloke said:
Aston Villa dont have any.

Arsenal dont have any

Spurs dont.

City dont have any

Liverpool do, sometimes.

The truly world class players are the ones who do that bit extra, have that power or speed and City don't have any yet.

Liverpool were looking like a team out of the reckoning until Gerrard came back and will soon bring in Torres again and kick on.

Villa will fall away, as will Spurs as they have to play at the very top of their game to keep up.

Spurs are showing their level way below the top 4.

So are we going to be replacing Arsenal?

A Drogba, Rooney, Terry, Torres, Gerrard is the level we need and until then we cant expect to win the league.

But as it is the stated desire to win it within the first 5 years we are looking at a very busy summer.

Something is only worth what your willing to pay.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

I don't think paying a record sum of money for someone is the answer. We paid a record sum for Robinho, after all, and he was too lightweight.

Real Madrid have broken records in the transfer market, with nothing to show for it.

Spending money for the sake of it is'nt the answer, in my opinion. Buying players who want to win is.

Let's get some hungry players into the squad who want to win, and who cares how much they cost!

I agree, like this new lad from boro might turn out like that, he seems to have a hunger (thats what you need)

nimrod said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

I agree, like this new lad from boro might turn out like that, he seems to have a hunger (thats what you need)

Agree as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.