Why £80m players are needed to break through.

ArndaleRhino said:
Spending £30 might get a you good footballer, but it doesnt necessarily get you a winning one. The thing that great teams have is a winning mentality, Robinho by the very nature of his transfer had the wrong attitude and its no surprise that for all his talent he has gone.

Winning sides take time to build and patience is a virtue.

£30 wouldn't even get me. well ok maybe if it was city offering it then it might

It's not about the price. It's about the right player at the right time. Robinho was a bad signing in this respect, whereas Bellamy was a great signing. The dearest trainers in the shop are rarely the best choice

bowdonblue said:
LoveCity said:
Tevez is as good as Rooney I think, or at least can be, but we definitely need a talisman both in defence and midfield of the highest possible quality. The players around them don't all need to be "top 10 in world" material, just very good to excellent and molded into a good team by the manager.

As others have said, just cannot agree with this. Tevez is a special player and can and will get better for us.
Rooney is just in another class, there isnt anyone in the country who can touch him at the minute, as much as it pains me to say.

We will sign the big money players when we hit the top 4, lets just hope they are the right players and they blend well with what we have and maybe we can then puch onto that top level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.