Why 2 DMs at Bolton? Had Lampard scored, 9 straight draws

skybluekings

With Lampard missing a late penalty, had he scored we would now be on 9 straight draws.
Yes, Its that close to being 9 points from 9 games.

So after the confidence building that came from the Arsenal and Chelsea games...why did we go to Bolton with 2 DMs?
Shouldn't we have a more attacking formation? Doesn't seem like a confident team when you start as defensive as we did.

After losing Bellamy, what took Hughes so long to make an attacking substitution. Replacing Kompany, who was having a awful game, should have been done much sooner.

Richards is starting to look on form again and Sylvinho was class. 2 DMs at 2nd from Bottom Bolton? I don't get it.

skybluekings said:
So after the confidence building that came from the Arsenal and Chelsea games...why did we go to Bolton with 2 DMs?
Shouldn't we have a more attacking formation? Doesn't seem like a confident team when you start as defensive as we did.

After losing Bellamy, what took Hughes so long to make an attacking substitution. Replacing Kompany, who was having a awful game, should have been done much sooner.

Richards is starting to look on form again and Sylvinho was class. 2 DMs at 2nd from Bottom Bolton? I don't get it.

and this is why hughes has to go he aint good enough we all want top 4 well hughes is no way near a top 4 manager

dw7 said:
if but's and maybe's

im unhappy with the 8 draws we should of won about 5/6 of these imo but we deserved to beat chelsea

Quite right there that we did deserve to beat Chelsea.
By the way, note nothing said in thread about 'Hughes out'...but why put out a team with 2 DMs at Bolton?

Its like we're lacking belief in our ability.

Sadly Mark Hughes has shown he will always fall back on his shut up shop pholosophy, even when weare playing massively inferior teams and need to win. He only takes of the shackles when forced to, e.g. Chelsea scoring early, being behind at Bolton.

When the shackles are off we are awesome, but Hughes is just worried about hanging onto his job (One loss). He cannot work out that 3 wins in nine games gets the same points as 9 draws, or that 5 wins would put us 6 points higher in the table, 3rd, or that 6 or 7 wins in these games if we had went all out to win from the start of each game would have our confidence flying.

Sadly that's the result of pressure managing in the Premiership and managing the biggest club in the world.

Lets get things right fella.....

They scored an offside goal to put us 1-0 down, their second was brilliant (de jong would have cut it out), we showed great determination to keep levelling the score. The ref was also against at least a couple of our players at least, so we were playing against 12. De jong was out too, along with SWP injury - all in all I think Hughes went out with a good setup, and the players played well, we were just very unlucky.
I think it highlights how good Dejong is.

Two DMs were chosen probably because our defence is still unsettled. If we had not picked two, we might well have lost. Bolton were simply up for the battle, which only Tevez and Sylvinho were from our team.

EddH said:
Lets get things right fella.....

They scored an offside goal to put us 1-0 down, their second was brilliant (de jong would have cut it out), we showed great determination to keep levelling the score. The ref was also against at least a couple of our players at least, so we were playing against 12. De jong was out too, along with SWP injury - all in all I think Hughes went out with a good setup, and the players played well, we were just very unlucky.
I think it highlights how good Dejong is.

bang on for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.