Why 2 DMs at Bolton? Had Lampard scored, 9 straight draws

MCfcBOB said:
squirtyflower said:
there are
but the cancerous ones were out in force late last night and this morning posting bile on every conceivable thread and then pointing 'it's not a hughes out comment'
they are making up for last weeks bottling up of their pent up frustration
just my opinion mind and not a hughes inner comment

yeah i was kinda busy last night so i idnt get chance to explore. but i could imagine that there is a fair few people waiting
to pounce. - although, we're not stockport county. lets put it in perspective.
i thought we were real madrid?

MCfcBOB said:
For a start, I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that we are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions (League and Carling Cup).

W - W - D - D - D - W - D - D - D - D - W - W - D. (Do you see any L's there?)

Now, on paper that is "top 4 form".
No it's not. If they were all league games, it equates to 23 points from 13 games. That's not quite enough to get top 4. But then there's the fact that they're NOT all league games! Fulham, Scunthorpe and Arsenal cup games are in that lot, which make it 14 points from 10 games, which is shite.

Tricky_Trev said:
MCfcBOB said:
For a start, I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that we are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions (League and Carling Cup).

W - W - D - D - D - W - D - D - D - D - W - W - D. (Do you see any L's there?)

Now, on paper that is "top 4 form".
No it's not. If they were all league games, it equates to 23 points from 13 games. That's not enough to get top 4. But then there's the fact that they're NOT all league games! Fulham, Scunthorpe and Arsenal cup games are in that lot, which make it 14 points from 10 games, which is shite.

.... You people jsut dodge any sort of positive aspect to get your point across dont you? We are doing well. 6TH! HELLO?!

dw7 said:
no but it be better to see 5 l's and 3 more w's wouldn't it

plus its the draws that we should of won out of them 8

Not necessarily, because 8 draws produces 16 points, but 8 results produces 24 points with only 9 of them going our way. The other 15 then are distributed around the pther teams. Now it would be nice to pick and choose where those points went but what if they went to Liverpool, Villa, and Birmingham (as just 3 of them)?

MouldensChippy said:
dw7 said:
no but it be better to see 5 l's and 3 more w's wouldn't it

plus its the draws that we should of won out of them 8

Not necessarily, because 8 draws produces 16 points, but 8 results produces 24 points with only 9 of them going our way. The other 15 then are distributed around the pther teams. Now it would be nice to pick and choose where those points went but what if they went to Liverpool, Villa, and Birmingham (as just 3 of them)?

Im not following mate. How does 8 draws produce 16 points?
Sorry if im being a plank.

I can se the OP's point, we virtually handed the midfield battle to Bolton early on as our two central midfielders didn't come into play until Bolton hit our back 4.

One of the reasons barry has not looked a good as early season is he is playing more and more defensively - at Villa he was an up and down midfielder and he needs to get that back. If SWP hadn't got the knock then ireland would probably not come on so soon and he at least gave us a central output.

I'm still unclear on Hughes but although we seem to have a bit more battle and belief when we go behind - we still seem to have that we are city lets give points to teams that can't get them against any other decent team.

Bolton have struggled for 5 games (when did they last score 3 in prem), Burnley only point away is still against us, Hull, say no more.

I said at the start of the season - points against the top 4 are a bonus these games against the bottom half of the league will determine our season and up to now we are making a right b*llocks of them. We are still in a good league position but being realistic we could have been sat with a nice gap and IMO a lot of those results have come from managerial mistakes and the fact we don't seem to get into games until 20 minutes have been played.

skybluekings said:
With Lampard missing a late penalty, had he scored we would now be on 9 straight draws.
Yes, Its that close to being 9 points from 9 games.

So after the confidence building that came from the Arsenal and Chelsea games...why did we go to Bolton with 2 DMs?
Shouldn't we have a more attacking formation? Doesn't seem like a confident team when you start as defensive as we did.

After losing Bellamy, what took Hughes so long to make an attacking substitution. Replacing Kompany, who was having a awful game, should have been done much sooner.

Richards is starting to look on form again and Sylvinho was class. 2 DMs at 2nd from Bottom Bolton? I don't get it.

if shit was rice pudding, we would never go hungry !

I don't see Kompany and Barry as 2 defensive midfield players. I see it as maybe one (K) and the other was there to control the midfield.There is a lot of difference between a pure defensive player and one like Barry who actually got forward quite a lot yesterday.

Were we defensive yesterday? NO.

As for all the draws is it good enough ? NO but there is no need for panic but plenty more work on the defence to stop leaking silly goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.