Why 2 DMs at Bolton? Had Lampard scored, 9 straight draws

I don't mind 2 DM's, if the mentality is right it can be quite an attacking formation.

And it's not like Barry and Kompany can't create either.

The problem with stating that 'x amount of wins versus y amount of draws would have given us z more points', is that it fails to take account of renewed league positions that the extra points slushing sround the league would inevitably lead to.

For a start, I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that we are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions (League and Carling Cup).

W - W - D - D - D - W - D - D - D - D - W - W - D. (Do you see any L's there?)

Now, on paper that is "top 4 form". I have to admit that it was unwise for Hughes to use Kompany as he wasn't match fit. I guess Bolton was just "one of those days". I didn't watch the game but based on what I have actually seen... Bridge missing created a problem for us. It meant that an un-used Left-Back needed to be thrown into the mix in what could be the biggest game of the season: the game where we proved we had tried to shed the "typical City" tagline.

Now, with an un-used Left-Back there were always going to be problems. Which means that either Barry or Kompany would need to track back. (Like Barry has been doing for Bridge earlier on in the season). There were afew bad decisions made though: the 1st Bolton goal, Bellamy's sending off - but it does happen).

We have to take this on the chin and take our "good form" to a downbeat Tottenham. Tottenham lost at home to a much lesser team than we played and they are considered as "top 4 material".

I wouldn't say this result was positive, but you've got to look at the bright side after the madness of last week, and of last month. I have to admit that Hughes was a victim of my words not so long ago. But I'm gonna stick up for him this time.

;)

MCfcBOB said:
For a start, I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that we are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions (League and Carling Cup).

Now, on paper that is "top 4 form". I have to admit that it was unwise for Hughes to use Kompany as he wasn't match fit. I guess Bolton was just "one of those days". I didn't watch the game but based on what I have actually seen... Bridge missing created a problem for us. It meant that an un-used Left-Back needed to be thrown into the mix in what could be the biggest game of the season: the game where we proved we had tried to shed the "typical City" tagline.

Now, with an un-used Left-Back there were always going to be problems. Which means that either Barry or Kompany would need to track back. (Like Barry has been doing for Bridge earlier on in the season). There were afew bad decisions made though: the 1st Bolton goal, Bellamy's sending off - but it does happen).

We have to take this on the chin and take our "good form" to a downbeat Tottenham. Tottenham lost at home to a much lesser team than we played and they are considered as "top 4 material".

I wouldn't say this result was positive, but you've got to look at the bright side after the madness of last week, and of last month. I have to admit that Hughes was a victim of my words not so long ago. But I'm gonna stick up for him this time.

;)

no but it be better to see 5 l's and 3 more w's wouldn't it

plus its the draws that we should of won out of them 8

skybluekings said:
With Lampard missing a late penalty, had he scored we would now be on 9 straight draws.
Yes, Its that close to being 9 points from 9 games.

So after the confidence building that came from the Arsenal and Chelsea games...why did we go to Bolton with 2 DMs?
Shouldn't we have a more attacking formation? Doesn't seem like a confident team when you start as defensive as we did.

After losing Bellamy, what took Hughes so long to make an attacking substitution. Replacing Kompany, who was having a awful game, should have been done much sooner.

Richards is starting to look on form again and Sylvinho was class. 2 DMs at 2nd from Bottom Bolton? I don't get it.

So how many do you think we would have conceded playinjg only one - we scored enough goals nothing wrong woth the team offensively - i geniunly believe our front 5 are as good as any team barr Chelski in the prem the back 5 collectively are amongst the worst

dw7 said:
MCfcBOB said:

;)

no but it be better to see 5 l's and 3 more w's wouldn't it

plus its the draws that we should of won out of them 8

I can see where you're coming from but if we can stay unbeaten in a bad run of form... by May we'll be hovering around the top 4.

MCfcBOB said:

;)

D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D = 38 Draws and Relegation...BUT hey you don't see any Ls there do you (Top 4 form?) :D

skybluekings said:
MCfcBOB said:

;)

D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D = 38 Draws and Relegation...BUT hey you don't see any Ls there do you (Top 4 form?) :D

Oh, there ain't no positive people on this forum! - Its early in the morning though... I'll give time for the sun to come out.

MCfcBOB said:
skybluekings said:

Oh, there ain't no positive people on this forum! - Its early in the morning though... I'll give time for the sun to come out.
there are
but the cancerous ones were out in force late last night and this morning posting bile on every conceivable thread and then pointing 'it's not a hughes out comment'
they are making up for last weeks bottling up of their pent up frustration
just my opinion mind and not a hughes inner comment

squirtyflower said:
MCfcBOB said:
there are
but the cancerous ones were out in force late last night and this morning posting bile on every conceivable thread and then pointing 'it's not a hughes out comment'
they are making up for last weeks bottling up of their pent up frustration
just my opinion mind and not a hughes inner comment

yeah i was kinda busy last night so i idnt get chance to explore. but i could imagine that there is a fair few people waiting
to pounce. - although, we're not stockport county. lets put it in perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.