Why are city fans so quick to criticise!!??

It's the same with every club. If you listen to Rags, you will hear some giving Ferguson a right slating - Jesus H Christ I hate the bloke, but if we had a manager who delivered the success Ferguson has then no way would I give him any stick at all. Fans are passionate, and just can't help themselves sometimes - I quite like it actually. If the forum was full of people talking sense, then it wouldn't be worth coming on - I can't be the only one who enjoys some of the more 'out there' opinions on Bluemoon.

I think some fans look at the money spent & thought we were going to surge ahead of the top clubs but that was never going to happen so quickly.
We had to spend all that money just to close the gap on the top clubs, we started from a much lower base than Chelsea did when the Russian took them over ( they were already a CL club ) & people have to realise it's going to take a little longer for us.
Fans getting a little giddy ( who can blame them though) and having unreal expectations have caused a lack of patience in a lot of fans, it's understandable but i think it also means a fair few fans are more concerned with being successful NOW & not sitting back and enjoying the journey.

AdamManCity said:
We were unlucky yesterday but we will lose games we hope to win and we have to take that on the chin and I think think it shows how far we've come that Arsenal is a game we expect to win. But what I want to say is that city fans always base players on their last game and then turn on players who didn't play so well.

Yesterday on bluemoon there were fans slagging off Boateng,Barry,Bridge and Milner. I think this criticism is unfair. Boateng has just joined the club at 21 years of age and has played 3 games for us and Richards(constantly slagged off on this forum) has 1 good game and suddenly he's better than a player who plays for a great Germany team. He clearly has what it takes to be a good fullback (this shown from his performances in the world cup and for us) and I think you'll find fullbacks usually take a while to adjust to the prem (just look at Evra, Zabaleta and Bosingwa.) Also when Kolarov is fit we will play a diamond formation imo which means our fullbacks will have to put balls in the box and I can assure you Richards can not cross and I'd go as far as saying Boateng has a better left foot than Richards has right. Anyway while he has all of the physical attributes a good fullback has I think he is struggling because he is not getting as much time on the ball as he did for germany and in the German league and as for the people who say he not agile enough to make runs down the right flank just go on the city website and watch the city vs valencia highlights and you have clearly not watched him play for Hamburg.

As for barry, yes he made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he didn't stop running and didn't play that badly. He has been one of our best players this season but people see he has a bad game in a difficult situation against the hardest midfield in the prem to defend against and they want him dropped for a player who played worse yesterday in Milner just because people hope he'll suddenly do great in Barry's position. I don't mean to have a dig at Milner at all it's just that I don't know where some fans are coming from when they want to drop one of our best players this year for a player unproven for us in the Centre. I do believe it is his best position however he is also a lot better on the wing than he appears to be so far for us, so this suggests to me that on current form he won't be much better in the centre than out wide and if he doesn't perform well there straight away people will start slagging him off.

I'm not going to go into detail but Bridge is a good left back nothing more nothing less. I think saying he has no passion is unfair, he just goes about his business, works hard and doesn't complain about lack of first team opportunities.

This is what I feel and what people were posting yesterday seemed to have very little substance they just needed something or someone to complain about.

Blame it on the internet and message boards. Any clown can have their say.

It's ridiculous because these critics know nothing about what's going on behind closed doors or in training etc.

We have far and away the strongest squad in the league and I have no doubt that Arsenal would not have won that game if it was 11 v 11.

Better question: Why are people so ready to pick up on perceived criticism then tar all fans with the same brush? Some people lurk around forums like these and wait for the slightest bit of criticism and jump all over it. Its a discussion forum, by its very nature people should, can and do voice their opinions.

Case in point, the OP generalises that the consensus is that because Richards had a good game he's suddenly better than Boateng. I'm pretty sure I read most of the reactions to Sundays game and found little evidence of this at all.

TVI said:
It's ridiculous because these critics know nothing about what's going on behind closed doors or in training etc.

We have far and away the strongest squad in the league and I have no doubt that Arsenal would not have won that game if it was 11 v 11.

We do have a strong squad & that helps over the course of a season with injuries & resting players but we don't have the best 11 & that is why we will continue to lose games, like all sides.
I think some mix up best squad with best starting 11, you can have 500 top notch squad players ( if the rules allowed) but that doesn't mean you have the best side, only 11 can play at any one time.
Arsenal opened up a couple of times even before the sending off & i think even with 11 it was going to be a tough tough game

bluemoon32 said:
TVI said:

We do have a strong squad & that helps over the course of a season with injuries & resting players but we don't have the best 11 & that is why we will continue to lose games, like all sides.
I think some mix up best squad with best starting 11, you can have 500 top notch squad players ( if the rules allowed) but that doesn't mean you have the best side, only 11 can play at any one time.
Arsenal opened up a couple of times even before the sending off & i think even with 11 it was going to be a tough tough game

If you mean we don't know what our best 11 is then maybe so, but this is a problem for all teams.

I came away from the match on Sunday knowing the game was turned on it's head by one unfortunate incident. However I was also safe in the knowledge that this squad can easliy compete with any team in the league.

That's why I don't get all the negativity.

bluetoo said:
Better question: Why are people so ready to pick up on perceived criticism then tar all fans with the same brush? Some people lurk around forums like these and wait for the slightest bit of criticism and jump all over it. Its a discussion forum, by its very nature people should, can and do voice their opinions.

Case in point, the OP generalises that the consensus is that because Richards had a good game he's suddenly better than Boateng. I'm pretty sure I read most of the reactions to Sundays game and found little evidence of this at all.
Sorry, that is not what I meant I never said anyone thought he was better I was just saying people were wanting to drop him before he has had time to settle and that will only come with games.

TVI said:
bluemoon32 said:

If you mean we don't know what our best 11 is then maybe so, but this is a problem for all teams.

I came away from the match on Sunday knowing the game was turned on it's head by one unfortunate incident. However I was also safe in the knowledge that this squad can easliy compete with any team in the league.

That's why I don't get all the negativity.

Oh, we can definitely compete with any of the top sides, i just think some of the negativity comes from fans hurting so much from years of watching Utd success & that for the first time in years we're a threat but it isn't happening as quickly as maybe some thought.
I must admit, i'm impatient by nature and not the most laid back person concerning City but i honestly believe that Mancini is getting it right slowly & if we stick with him we'll do more than ok, a lot depends though on how the likes of Kolarov, Balotelli & Boateng fit in, if they settle quickly then we're in for a hell of a season but if they don't then i feel we're lacking with the players that will replace them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.