Why are England so toothless as an international team?

If you're Scotish, Welsh or Irish you're expected to show pride for your country and that sort of stuff ends up on the pitch.

Where as in England....

Oh and a fookin nanny state to.....

then I thought maybe its the support but England are backed to the hilt at every tournament.
Not really.
All I read on social media is Southgate is shite, Kane is shite, Sterling, Pickford shite.
Never read so much negativity even before the Croatia game.
Foden got hammered for dying his hair, called every name under the sun, gobshite, even chimpanzee but with less brains.
As an outsider I couldn't believe what I was reading by English football fans.
I could never imagined Australians doing this.

It's getting worse now after the Scotland game.
The negativity is growing by the day, the way it's always does with the England team, maybe a better way would be to get behind the manager and the team (like the Scottish do) instead of constantly castigating them.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Who reckons we'll play out a boring draw to get an easier match in the next round?

Having said that, it's ridiculous the way things have worked out. How do Wales go through in second place and get to play another second placed team from an average group, but if England go through in first, they also have to play a second placed team out of France, Portugal or Germany? (Hell, how did all three of those end up in the same group in the first place?) Meanwhile some teams who finish first get to play a third placed team. Just shows the ridiculousness of the 24 team tournament, really.

Oh well, you've got to beat the best to win it, I guess.

Who reckons we'll play out a boring draw to get an easier match in the next round?

Having said that, it's ridiculous the way things have worked out. How do Wales go through in second place and get to play another second placed team from an average group, but if England go through in first, they also have to play a second placed team out of France, Portugal or Germany? (Hell, how did all three of those end up in the same group in the first place?) Meanwhile some teams who finish first get to play a third placed team. Just shows the ridiculousness of the 24 team tournament, really.

Oh well, you've got to beat the best to win it, I guess.
I don't think England can moan about anything seeing as they get to play all their games at home

Arent they playing in Rome in the next game if they qualify?

If they finish top, the last sixteen game is at Wembley. If they finish second, it’s Copenhagen.

Game after that could be in Rome if they win the group and then the next game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.