Why are humans the only species to need clothes ?

Watched an interesting documentary about this last year....afaicr we learnt to walk upright and for some reason at the same time we started to sweat. You cant sweat with fur so the fur/hair had to go apart from the places that needed it, head, pubic regions etc. Man started to migrate from the warmer climes of Africa and surrounds and so needed to get the fur back on when it went colder. Some bright spark then opened up a Top Shop and the rest is history.
Prince Andrew doesn’t like this post.

Evolution my dear Millo. Females began to consider the hairy man to be unclean (infested with fleas) so would mate with less hairy men. They would give birth to less hairy children and the cycle would continue.

Unfortunately it has meant we spot fully grown adults

I repeat that’s a fully grown adult male.

Evolution my dear Millo. Females began to consider the hairy man to be unclean (infested with fleas) so would mate with less hairy men. They would give birth to less hairy children and the cycle would continue.

Unfortunately it has meant we spot fully grown adults dressed like this.

View attachment 78209

I repeat that’s a fully grown adult male.
That's evolution in reverse!

Fat Geordie blokes don't need clothes at football matches. Perhaps fat Geordie blokes have evolved more than the rest of us. Either that or they are just knobheads.

opposable thumbs presumably mean we are the only ones able to make clothes? Plus intelligence led to a feeling of modesty that drove the need for them beyond just climate.

I mean other animals do stuff for protection - thinking those monkeys in Japan who live in the snowy mountains who sit in thermal pools and keep warm?

Fat Geordie blokes don't need clothes at football matches. Perhaps fat Geordie blokes have evolved more than the rest of us. Either that or they are just knobheads.

I remember hearing an interview on the radio with a young chap from Sunderland who was slimmer of the year - when asked how had it changed his life he said - " Ah had tae buy a court." Interviewer " I'm sorry" lad " I had to get a court - wah nevah felt the curld before coz ah wah insulated but hat ah lost me weight ah get chilly so I needed a court "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.