Why are humans the only species to need clothes ?

Define 1000s? Takes a long time to evolve. They have only been around about 5000 years through migration so it's not a long enough timescale to change. And now with clothes they never will need too.
Sounds like the correct answer to me

What I don't understand is why we lost our fur in the first place only to then have to wear clothes to keep warm.

What I don't understand is why we lost our fur in the first place only to then have to wear clothes to keep warm.
It's not known whether we ever had much more hair than we have now. But looking at where our genetic ancestry comes from, keeping warm would have been the least of our worries. having less fur and being able to sweat through the full surface of our skin may have been a more efficient method of keeping cool.

Sophie the cat would malt during the summer yet need warm places in the winter. Cats are nocturnal too.

Doesn't answer the question though, after thousands of years of living in freezing conditions, why do Eskimo's or Inuit's still need clothes ?
They have evolved to live on a diet largely of fat without heart problems. They live in igloos at 0C degrees. They have evolved their body shape with extra layers of fat to keep warm. Give them a chance, one thing at a time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.