why are we just signing defenders

I must say, i am worried that we haven't signed any major names so far.

It would be criminal if Clichy and Savic are our only signings this summer, with the CL and PL to go for.

I still think we need one more top attacking mid, and a top class striker as Tevez may go or not pull his weight.

I hope we get Aguero.

jaden19 said:
I must say, i am worried that we haven't signed any major names so far.

It would be criminal if Clichy and Savic are our only signings this summer, with the CL and PL to go for.

I still think we need one more top attacking mid, and a top class striker as Tevez may go or not pull his weight.

I hope we get Aguero.

name me a club that have signed any major names so far?

there is a lot going on with the copa america,teams all on tours abroad,city and the nameing rights and the plans around the ground.

i cant actually see many deals done till these are over!

Bridge and Boateng will be the only ones that leave and the acquiring of young telent is an effort to look towards the future. Both Kolo and Lescott are getting on and will only have 2-3 years left in them at a top level, by that time Savic, Boyata, Coates (sp?) will be 22-23 and coming up to their time to shine. You just have to see it as a conveyor belt with 5 years difference between each set of players allowing them a couple of seasons to get accustomed to the level and learn their trade, then a couple of sesasons playing an almost regular basis before they work for 3-4 years regularly and then are slowly phased out as younger talent com,es through.

THat´s the way I see it.

Oh and plus it is much easier and cheaper to get defenders that attacking, creative players.

Why is everyone panicking?

Aguero, Pastore, Levazzi are all in Copa America, so is Tevez if we are in for these players we will have to wait until competition finishes. If Nasri doesn't come to OVO I suspect we will want Mata. Chill people believe and they will come.

Are people still doubting of great leader? i'm sure he has it all under control unless him training in USA means he is going to be playing again as he is the tevez replacement not thought of that have you!

richards30 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
i think any 2 from neymar, nasri ,aguero, etto, schneider,pastore,
i just dont class nasri as a big name though?? hes a good player dont get me wrong but not a big/star name though?

Anyone considering Jan Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink? He's a big name player.

bluestevei said:
its about time we got our arse in gear and started to get a attacking midfielder and an other striker, what is wrong with us, in less then 4 weeks and the prem starts, i know we are looking at this player and that player but we aint got them and it needs to be sorted very very soon

well, thanks for that...................

why are we just signing defenders

Every time I go to Tescos there's a bloke in the first ailse asking why are you only buying potatos?
It's not you is it?

Young said:
bluemoondays said:
I'd imagine what screwed us over was not getting Tevez to make his mind up and now what's screwing us up is trying to offload Tevez after he's made his mind up before making major investment in strikers.

So, basically, Tevez is screwing us up :p

I'd imagine it as US being the one not making a decision. It is obvious now that Tevez wants to leave, yet we are clinging on to him. If we do want to offload Tevez then we should just have taken that 40m from Corinthians, or attempt business with Madrid.

It was like 40p and then a percentage of there TV money and image rights for him, which is in no way a certain guaranteed amount

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.