Why are we not scoring goals?

Big Swifty

Over the last ten PL seasons, City have been top scorers for nine of those seasons. Now (although I admit there.s a long way to go) we are lying sixth in terms of goals scored.

We used to be scoring goals for fun, but now it seems they are hard to come by. One goal in the last two away defeats, and against Brighton we scored two in the first twenty miutes then ran out of steam.

Where have the goals gone? And why?

Over the last ten PL seasons, City have been top scorers for nine of those seasons. Now (although I admit there.s a long way to go) we are lying sixth in terms of goals scored.

We used to be scoring goals for fun, but now it seems they are hard to come by. One goal in the last two away defeats, and against Brighton we scored two in the first twenty miutes then ran out of steam.

Kev is injured, Gundog and Mahrez have left, and the current crop are finding their feet/building fitness.

Nothing to panic about IMO. We always hit our stride after Christmas.

We're missing the best player in the league. I wonder how other teams would be doing without their best player. Liverpool without Salah, Spurs without Maddison etc. they'd probably be struggling more than us.

Pearce is a really defensive coach, we've lost Wright-Phillips and been too skint to replace him properly and we're relying on Samaras and Corradi for goals.

Pearce is a really defensive coach, we've lost Wright-Phillips and been too skint to replace him properly and we're relying on Samaras and Corradi for goals.

Sorry, was thinking we can't be scoring any goals or something and it took me right back.

The balance just isn't quite right at the moment and teams sit deep against us. We'll adapt and come good, give it time.

Samaras will come good just you wait and see, Pearce has had him in for unpolished diamond training with beanie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.