Why Argentina won't win the World Cup

supercity36 said:
....messi......................................di maria...
.................higuain.........tevez....................

that attacking line is probably the envy of every country in the tournament. and they still have aguero

and Milito .... but they do have that scouser so its touch and go for me lol

AntMcfc said:
carrconormcfc said:
The Brazil game was the final qualifying game and Brazil played a complete second string side, so that explains that game. As I said Argentina are shite under Maradona, so that explains that. The altitude excuse was an easy get out for teams there.
And Paraguay (who did brilliantly during qualifying) who lost 4-2 there? Excuse for that one? Fact is, Bolivia are so bad that Brazil could field a 4th string line up and still win against them. Cut your losses and just don't post on this thread again.
Cut my losses haha what are you on about? Considering Bolivia got a 0-0 draw away to Brazil in qualifying, I don't think your claim of Brazil being able to put out a 4th string side really holds any ground does it? It's a difference of of opinion lad, I choose not to put a huge bearing of games on how high up a hill they are played. Oh and I'll carry on posting in whatever threads I feel like, k?

My moneys going on the Argies..........................................................................so they definately wont win it.

Maradona's naked ambition

Diego Maradona has vowed to strip naked if he guides Argentina to World Cup glory in South Africa this summer.

Argentina are among the favourites for success at the showpiece tournament despite only scraping through the South American qualification programme.

And Maradona, who lifted the trophy as captain in 1986, claims he will streak around one of Buenos Aires' most famous landmarks should Argentina end their 24-year wait for the trophy.

He told reporters: "If we win the World Cup, I'll get naked and run around the city's Obelisk."

Barcelona ace Lionel Messi will be under the spotlight this summer as he looks to transfer his club form to the international stage.

Messi was rested for the warm-up victory over Canada with Maradona unwilling to risk an untimely injury to his talented playmaker.

Maradona told Messi: "If something had happened to you in that match, I'd have been shot - you know where."

Desire

Messi helped guide Barca to another La Liga title this season, having helped them secure the UEFA Champions League the previous term and now has his sights set on further success with Argentina.

He said: "I don't feel the pressure. The truth is I'm arriving in good shape.

"I have a strong desire to do as well as I can, as do my team-mates. We want to give our best for Argentina and we hope things turn out well.

"I won't change. I'll keep playing in the same way. I hope to be able to do what I do for Barcelona in the national team without my form suffering.

"I have also won everything individually and now I would like to do the same with Argentina."

Please don't Diego !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.