Why Argentina won't win the World Cup

AntMcfc said:
Maradona publically said Cambiasso wasn't picked because he's left footed and cannot fit into Maradona's desired formation and style. Pure BS in all honesty but that's his official reasoning. Also I hugely doubt Zanetti, the model professional, would have told a group of players to go against his manager's orders.

Black Mamba raises a good point actually, I may be biased here but Germany are looking really good for this competition and nobody will give them a chance because they know nothing about them. Ballack's absence is a huge blow but I'm so confident in Khedira and the side is really exciting, so many bright talents who will step up this summer. Germany will make the semis at least, and from there it's pot luck.
Wouldn't say pot luck, look at Brazil in 2002

Teams struggle incredibly at altitude and believe me it will have such a huge impact, Brazil and Argentina both went to La Paz and could barely play, the Argies were shattered at half time and scraped through the game. There aren't any teams who play at altitude regularly, so it is likely all sides will have to battle through and the quality of football could be really poor. The fittest teams will have a great advantage, though I expect most of the top teams to be well prepared.

Argentina scraped through the qualifiers. They might have all the talent in the world but they have an absolute nutcase as a manager. If they had a decent manager they would be serious contenders but Maradona is a loose cannon.

carrconormcfc said:
black mamba said:
You're quite right .......

Argentina WON'T win the World Cup ......

because Germany will!
Well according to my predictions league USA are going to knock Germany out on pens in the last 16...

So there!

-- 26 May 2010, 22:38 --

nwanda said:
Remember Boliva is at altitude most teams lose their. Brazil have in the past played the youth team which they took up to the stadium to train for a couple of weeks before the match as they thought they would be able to do better than the actual team who would only have a couple of days to aclimatise.

Argies are a good bet the only thing they have against them is that their manager is a nutcase.
If most teams lose there, can you explain to me how Bolivia finished bottom of the 10 team group?

Bollocks to altitude

14 points at home and 1 away.

Corky said:
carrconormcfc said:
Well according to my predictions league USA are going to knock Germany out on pens in the last 16...

So there!

-- 26 May 2010, 22:38 --

If most teams lose there, can you explain to me how Bolivia finished bottom of the 10 team group?

Bollocks to altitude

So from a possible 27 they took 14. For a place where 'most teams lose', they've not not done brilliantly have they. Brazil pissed the confeds cup last year, don't see what all the hype is about

carrconormcfc said:
Corky said:
So from a possible 27 they took 14. For a place where 'most teams lose', they've not not done brilliantly have they. Brazil pissed the confeds cup last year, don't see what all the hype is about

Bolivia beat Brazil 2-1 at home, and then destroyed Argentina 6-1. If that's not enough to prove anything to you then there's no hope with you. There's no doubting Bolivia are a terrible side, but 14 points from 27 is fantastic when you consider than many of the other sides also play at altitude too.

AntMcfc said:
Teams struggle incredibly at altitude and believe me it will have such a huge impact, Brazil and Argentina both went to La Paz and could barely play, the Argies were shattered at half time and scraped through the game. There aren't any teams who play at altitude regularly, so it is likely all sides will have to battle through and the quality of football could be really poor. The fittest teams will have a great advantage, though I expect most of the top teams to be well prepared.

That's why i think Germany will win it ........

there's no better side for slowing the game down , stroking the ball around , and just doing enough to win the game ........

if anyone can pull it off at altitude , a side with the World Cup pedigree of Germany can ........

they're still 'smarting' from ONLY finishing third last time around!

No one ever fancy`s the Germans but they are a decent tournament team. Podolski is gash for FC Köln but a menace on the international front. They are down to their 3rd choice keeper though Enkel`s tragedy and injury to their second keeper. Ballacks injury will hit them hard and I don`t see them winning it or getting past the QFs.

AntMcfc said:
carrconormcfc said:

Bolivia beat Brazil 2-1 at home, and then destroyed Argentina 6-1. If that's not enough to prove anything to you then there's no hope with you. There's no doubting Bolivia are a terrible side, but 14 points from 27 is fantastic when you consider than many of the other sides also play at altitude too.
The Brazil game was the final qualifying game and Brazil played a complete second string side, so that explains that game. As I said Argentina are shite under Maradona, so that explains that. The altitude excuse was an easy get out for teams there.<br /><br />-- 27 May 2010, 01:31 --<br /><br />
black mamba said:
AntMcfc said:

That's why i think Germany will win it ........

there's no better side for slowing the game down , stroking the ball around , and just doing enough to win the game ........

if anyone can pull it off at altitude , a side with the World Cup pedigree of Germany can ........

they're still 'smarting' from ONLY finishing third last time around!
Think you'll find that's Brazil mamba

carrconormcfc said:
AntMcfc said:
The Brazil game was the final qualifying game and Brazil played a complete second string side, so that explains that game. As I said Argentina are shite under Maradona, so that explains that. The altitude excuse was an easy get out for teams there.
And Paraguay (who did brilliantly during qualifying) who lost 4-2 there? Excuse for that one? Fact is, Bolivia are so bad that Brazil could field a 4th string line up and still win against them. Cut your losses and just don't post on this thread again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.