why can birmingham win a cup and we cant?

Well done to Birmingham, great to see a side having won virtually nothing having a great day at Wembley and winning a trophy. Poor poor Arsenal its been six long years FFS!

There was 89mins and counting on the clock when Birmingham got a free kick in their own half. Foster hoofed it into the Arsenal box and the mistake was made allowing the simple tap in to win the cup. Some say its the luck of the draw.

I very much doubt with 89mins on the clock in a similar situation City would have done the same, especially in a cup final with so much hanging on it.

Today was not a cup final for us yet not for the first time this season we are deep into added time (30 seconds or so remaining) Hart has the ball and rolls it out to Kolo who like a rabbit caught in the headlights looks startled and hasn't a clue what to do with it, spends a few nervous seconds turning around before making a simple five yard pass sideways to Boateng who clearly doesnt want it as the Fulham players close him down and so passes it straight back. Kolo again looking uneasy moves a few yards forwards and passes into the semi circle and the game is all but over. No urgency, no realisation the clock has almost stopped for full time, no desire for a last minute long ball panic into the Fulham penalty area.

You make your own luck in this game. Our time will come.

We went out to WBA away playing this team:
Given, Vidal (Zabaleta, 32), Boyata, Mee, Cunningham, A Johnson, Vieira, Ibrahim Milner, 71), Guidetti, Jo, Santa Cruz (Silva, 80).
That was the one competition out of all of them that if we'd have played our full strength team, we may have had some joy in.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Given, Vidal (Zabaleta, 32), Boyata, Mee, Cunningham, A Johnson, Vieira, Ibrahim Milner, 71), Guidetti, Jo, Santa Cruz (Silva, 80).
That was the one competition out of all of them that if we'd have played our full strength team, we may have had some joy in.
Agreed. I've seen the argument that RM was protecting our best players because we had Chelsea the following weekend and didn't want to risk injuries. Fair enough, but who's to say we would have picked up injuries? We'll never know now, of course. But I look at the run we could have had if we had beaten the Baggies;
Leicester (a)
Ipswich (a)
Arsenal in the 2 legged s/f.

Of course, the draw may well have turned out totally differently. Then again, it may not. It was a missed trick, in my opinion.

jimharri said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Agreed. I've seen the argument that RM was protecting our best players because we had Chelsea the following weekend and didn't want to risk injuries. Fair enough, but who's to say we would have picked up injuries? We'll never know now, of course. But I look at the run we could have had if we had beaten the Baggies;
Leicester (a)
Ipswich (a)
Arsenal in the 2 legged s/f.

Of course, the draw may well have turned out totally differently. Then again, it may not. It was a missed trick, in my opinion.

Totally agree Jim and all my City mates agree as well. A missed trick deffo!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.