Why can`t we win 0-13 like Ajax

35 years ago my five a side team was called VVVVenlo and we once lost 8-0 to Ashton Villa in a tournament at Sale Leisure Centre so they've got form.
I played for Ashton Villa! Trying to figure out what year I played for them I think it would have been 84,85 or 86

I played for Ashton Villa! Trying to figure out what year I played for them I think it would have been 84,85 or 86

It would have been around then. Funny thing is we were a good team who won lots of tournaments but the only time I ever got recognition was that night in a chippy in Sale Moor when a young girl said "Hey, weren't you in that team that got thrashed 8-0 ?"

But Ajax can't keep the ball out of their own net when they play the Dippers. And I suspect that there isn't an Ajax fan waltzing into Dam Square this morning having watched the match on telly thinking "I would have settled for ten and had the extra three in the week v those Scouse bastards!" And let's not forget that Venlo are the Frickley Colliery of the Nederlands. They're not exactly Willem Twee!
That's an insult to the great Frickley Colliery.

In answer to the title of the thread - because we play in the Premier League, rather than a farmers league.

You could stick me upfront for Ajax and I'd probably get 10 goals a season.

How many times while Pep has been here, as our % shot ratio for shots on target been over the 50% mark.

I could count it on one hand ✋. I would have thought that Pep would have them practice this part of their game. This doesn't seem to be the case. Most of the time we seem to need about 5 shots at goal before we have one on target.

Pep seems to be focused on shoring up defense ATM. Meanwhile, our offense, for whatever reason, has fallen off a cliff.

Trust Pep - he'll sort this out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.