Why City are good for football chris bailey men

Giles said:
Dubai Blue said:
Chris Bailey is a pathetic excuse for a journalist who just tows whatever line is dangled in front of him.

Dubai, I'm usually a fan of your postings but I couldn't sit idly by and watch a mixed metaphor be so mercilessly tortured....
Ha ha, I'm tired and hungover. Please forgive me.

NQT said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
FFS. You all whinge when the press have a go at us, Chris Bailey sticks up for us and you start having a pop at him for doing so, un-fucking-believable. I despair

Do you not think he's arse licking then Al?

No mate not at all, I think he's dead right in what he's saying.

The Fat el Hombre said:
FFS. You all whinge when the press have a go at us, Chris Bailey sticks up for us and you start having a pop at him for doing so, un-fucking-believable. I despair

I fear we may all become RAGS if we are not careful, it's easier to become a tosser than a nice person, ask someone in a red shirt for proof. Bout time the mUEN did something to balance out that rag from their on talkpoo.

r01z said:
a Superb and accurate piece of journalism from Mr Bailey
agreed . good and accurate article . if all journos wrote similar quality pieces they would be sneered at less

Great read and spot on. Football has always been about money. Higher fees and higher wages have made players move between clubs since the wage cap was removed in 1961. Rich chairmen have always provided their club with the advantage of better players. Clubs with bigger crowds had an advantage before TV revenues became the primary driver. $ky consolidated the dominance of the Premier League and shat on the lower leagues in the process. The Champions League has allowed the Top 4 clubs to gear themselves differently to most other clubs as they enjoy greater revenues through participation payments; prize money; more ticket sales; bigger sponsorship deals; greater sales of merchandise, food and drink; bigger squads with increased values. Every year at the top increases the gap between the haves and have nots. Our Top 4 are in Europes richest Top 10. This is no coincidence of course.

Only a wealthy owner can attempt to overcome this inequality. Or are we supposed to just accept that those that were able to get their foot in the door at the right time have some sort of divine right to continue sticking their snouts in the trough? The rest of us perhaps should give up and go home? Or just be grateful that one fine day we still might just sneak a UEFA spot or a domestic cup final berth.

Bollox. This is a sport and the whole point is to compete and to try to win. It's a little sad that it has come to this but that is the reality of the modern game. If you are not currently at the top table then you need some serious financial backing to attempt to join it. Those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo don't like it and some of those unable to have a go at breaking the cartel are simply jealous.

It may not suit $ky's view of the game, but the top flight league of English football football existed before 1992. Over a hundred years before in fact. City first appeared in the top flight when the year still began with 18xx. When I had my first season ticket in the seventies City were a far bigger club than Chelsea, having had much more success, a longer history and far more fans. We had also enjoyed as much, if not more, success than Arsenal and Manure. I can't say the same about Liverpool unfortunately!

But my point is that nothing is static in football. During our demise and resurrection these teams have gone from strength to strength in the $ky era. If you were introduced to football in this era you may easily believe the Big4 propaganda that is fed to you by the media. But for any City fan a little longer in the tooth, this is all temporary and we are waiting for normal service to be resumed. Older Burnley and Wolves fans will feel the same way I suspect. So will fans of Leeds, Forest, Ipswich and many others. That's the beauty of football. It is of the moment and things can change. In our very first top flight season the Top4 were Villa, Sheff Utd, Sunderland and Wolves. Just think how boring football would have been for the last hundred years if there had been no change at the top and no potential for other teams to compete and win on merit through the quality of their team. Football would not have become our national game under such circumstances.

What is killing our game is the fact that there are only two teams who might win the league, and a handful that might win a trophy of any kind or qualify for the Champions League. What is desperately needed is more competition. The new breed of wealthy owners will provide that and Thank God.

Historically they were not the 'biggest' 4 clubs in the country. These clubs do not have a divine right to be where they currently are despite the system attempting to make it so.

By being one of the teams attempting to level the playing field, and stimulate competition, we are actually Saving Football!

Dubai Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
You seem to be confusing me with someone else Hombre. I'm not one of the paranoid Bluemoon maniacs who incessantly bitches and moans about everything the press write about us. I couldn't give a fuck what they write, to be honest.

But the typical Bluemoon stance seems to be that anything negative about us is bullshit, while anything positive about us is to be lauded as gospel.

This isn't journalism; it's just what Garry Cook has asked him to write and doesn't have even a hint of balance to it. As such, it's just as worthless as all the negative tabloid nonsense that gets written about us.
Bob on DB. I for one couldn't give a fuck what the mirror and its cretinous readership think of us. And yes it is pretty obvious recently that Bailey has become City's PR outlet.

Dubai Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
You seem to be confusing me with someone else Hombre. I'm not one of the paranoid Bluemoon maniacs who incessantly bitches and moans about everything the press write about us. I couldn't give a fuck what they write, to be honest.

But the typical Bluemoon stance seems to be that anything negative about us is bullshit, while anything positive about us is to be lauded as gospel.

This isn't journalism; it's just what Garry Cook has asked him to write and doesn't have even a hint of balance to it. As such, it's just as worthless as all the negative tabloid nonsense that gets written about us.
Bob on DB. I for one couldn't give a fuck what the mirror and its cretinous readership think of us. And yes it is pretty obvious recently that Bailey has become City's PR outlet.

Dubai Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.